Scroll of turtle summoning
This is a scroll which, when read, summons turtles to do the bidding of the reader. The reader's bidding is pretty much always going to be to bite something. I mean, you don't summon turtles because you need your taxes prepared.
(In-game plural: scrolls of turtle summoning)
- Obsoleted Areas/Methods
|You read the scroll. A turtle appears next to your opponent, and bites it for 2-3 damage before scurrying (slowly) into a nearby sewer grating.|
- Formerly, as a usable item:
|A horde of turtles emerges from a nearby sewer, and surrounds you. The crowd parts to make way for a giant sea tortoise. The tortoise approaches you and gives you a gift. The turtles then return to the sewer.|
- Turtle Tamers started with one of these in their inventory.
- This item was available from The Sewer as both a regular drop and as a ten-leaf clover selection.
- Formerly used to acquire a tortoise's blessing.
- Was not used up in combat - it stayed usable.
- On May 7, 2007, this item was completely removed from the game; its entry in the item database was replaced by the turtle totem.
- The bit about the turtle scurrying into a sewer grating is probably a reference to The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.