The thrumming vibration increases in intensity until it's a full-on shaking. Then it increases some more, putting it firmly in "quake" territory. Aftershocks ensue.
A crack forms in the ground beneath your feet, and a wave of hot air hits you. It's not just heat, though, it's something... else. Something that makes the little hairs on your arm stand up.
This cannot possibly bode well.
- Began to occur in various places within the Kingdom six hours after rollover on Tuesday the 21st of July, 2009. (6AM, EDT)
- Appears to occur at any location called by "adventure.php".
- Seems to be a one time adventure.
- Caused frames to resize during the encounter in some browsers, producing a jiggling, shaking "quake" effect, as provided by http://images.kingdomofloathing.com/scripts/shakeit.js
- Does not consume an adventure.