Reanimated serpent skeleton
|Reanimated serpent skeleton|
|Locations||using a fossilized serpent skull with three fossilized spines in inventory|
|Monster Parts||head, tail|
You lay the snake skull on the ground and find some more fossils that look like snake parts. You lay three spines end to end, and there's a clicking noise as they suddenly lock together.
The clicking noise is followed by a scratching noise as the bones slither out of their encasing rock, a hissing noise as the snake turns on you and... hisses, and a little-girl-like screaming noise as you... I mean, a powerful grunt of rage as you ready yourself for battle.
The serpent whips its tail at your <face>. Crack/hiss. Ow! Argh! Oof!
The serpent slithers into the grass, then it slithers out of the grass and bites you on the <calf>. Ooh! Eek! Ouch!
The serpent gets tangled up between your feet, and you trip and hit your head on the ground. Argh! Ugh! Ugh!
The serpent wraps its bony body around your neck and squeezes you until you pop. You spend a few minutes gathering and stuffing bits back into you. Ugh! Ow! Eek!
The serpent crawls across your <forehead>, hitting you with each of those little spine knobs in sequence. Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow. Eek! Ow! Ooh!
- If you do not have a fossilized necklace:
|You acquire an item: fossilized necklace|
- If your fossilized necklace is in your inventory:
You pull your necklace out of your sack and stick the tooth on it.
- If your fossilized necklace is in Hangk's:
You drop the tooth through Hagnk's mail slot, trusting him to affix it to the appropriate necklace.
- If your fossilized necklace is equipped:
You stick the tooth onto your necklace.
- If your fossilized necklace is in your display case:
You drop the tooth off at the Cannon Museum, trusting the Decent Docent to affix it to the necklace in your display case.
- If your fossilized necklace is in your closet:
- Appears on use of fossilized serpent skull with enough of the appropriate bones.
- The bones are consumed upon successful use.
- Reanimated Skeletons are nearly immune to everything, taking only 1 damage from all damage sources, except pottery weapons. The trick is to use pottery weapons, or hit them with multiple sources of physical and elemental damage, doing enough damage each round to kill them before exceeding the combat round limit. Using a mechanic with Prismatic Damage helps, as well as adding Passive Damage defenses, a combat familiar, and/or attacks that hit multiple times each round, like a Turtle Tamer's -butt combos.
- Using pottery armor and weapons will provide extra protection and overcome this monster's damage immunities.
- Funkslinging a possessed tomato, Colon Annihilation Hot Sauce and/or two cans of sterno (or some mix of such) at the beginning of combat is a very good idea.
- Another option for necklace seekers is the Pair of Stomping Boots skill Release the Boots, which destroys reanimated creatures (producing ectoplasmic paste). Because the necklace/tooth effect is not technically an item drop, the effect will happen as normal.
- Additional Monster Level should be avoided in this fight, since extra HP is the last thing you want them to have.
- Never misses.
- The He-Boulder's major yellow ray bypasses damage resistance and drops teeth.