Reanimated demon skeleton
|Reanimated demon skeleton|
|Locations||using a fossilized demon skull with four fossilized limbs, one fossilized spike, two fossilized wings, one fossilized torso and one fossilized spine in inventory|
You prop the demon skull up and arrange fossilized body parts all around it. It begins to laugh, a hollow, terrible laugh.
It sits up, sloughing off its stony shell, and looks at you. "You..." it booms, its voice echoing with the horrors of untold centuries (and that cool effect you get when you reverse something, add reverb, and then reverse it again). "You have no idea what you've done."
He's right, but you have an idea of what you're about to do -- you're about to fight a big demon skeleton guy.
It rears back a massive hand and gives you a high five. By which I mean it slaps you really hard in the face. Argh! Oof! Eek!
It sinks its ancient, petrified teeth into your <throat>. You look at your watch, and sure enough, it's time for your dentist appointment. Ooh! Argh! Ow!
It gores you in the <ear> with its massive horns. You wish the big horns were littler. Argh! Ow! Ugh!
It leaps into the air, beats its bony wings a few times to gain altitude, and dive bombs you in the <kidney>. Ooh! Argh! Eek!
It looks at you funny, and you burst into flames. Not funny ha ha, funny evil. Argh! Ooh! Ouch! (hot damage)
- If you do not have a fossilized necklace:
|You acquire an item: fossilized necklace|
- If your fossilized necklace is in your inventory:
You pull your necklace out of your sack and stick the tooth on it.
- If your fossilized necklace is in Hangk's:
You drop the tooth through Hagnk's mail slot, trusting him to affix it to the appropriate necklace.
- If your fossilized necklace is equipped:
You stick the tooth onto your necklace.
- If your fossilized necklace is in your display case:
You drop the tooth off at the Cannon Museum, trusting the Decent Docent to affix it to the necklace in your display case.
- If your fossilized necklace is in your closet:
- Appears on use of fossilized demon skull with enough of the appropriate bones.
- The bones are consumed upon successful use.
- Reanimated Skeletons are nearly immune to everything, taking only 1 damage from all damage sources, except pottery weapons. The trick is to use pottery weapons, or hit them with multiple sources of physical and elemental damage, doing enough damage each round to kill them before exceeding the combat round limit. Using a mechanic with Prismatic Damage helps, as well as adding Passive Damage defenses, a combat familiar, and/or attacks that hit multiple times each round, like a Turtle Tamer's -butt combos.
- Using pottery armor and weapons will provide extra protection and overcome this monster's damage immunities.
- Funkslinging a possessed tomato, Colon Annihilation Hot Sauce and/or two cans of sterno (or some mix of such) at the beginning of combat is a very good idea.
- Another option for necklace seekers is the Pair of Stomping Boots skill Release the Boots, which destroys reanimated creatures (producing ectoplasmic paste). Because the necklace/tooth effect is not technically an item drop, the effect will happen as normal.
- Additional Monster Level should be avoided in this fight, since extra HP is the last thing you want them to have.
- Never misses.
- The He-Boulder's major yellow ray bypasses damage resistance and drops teeth.