Plexiglass pith helmet
plexiglass pith helmet
This helmet is the clearest of the clear, the strangest of the strange. Forged beneath the misty mountains by 7-foot dwarves (or possibly forged in a nice house in the suburbs by slightly taller-than-average accountants), it is shiny, indestructible, and undeniably badass. Wear this and you're bound to be full of pith. Vinegar is optional.
Moxie Required: 75
Cannot be traded or discarded
+5 to Familiar Weight
Regenerate 10-12 HP and 10-12 MP per adventure
: plexiglass pith helmets
- Ascension Reward
- Complete a hardcore oxygenarian ascension as a Turtle Tamer.
- Oddly enough, headbutt recognizes this item as a turtle helmet and thus deals more damage when this item is equipped.
- On June 30, 2006, the regeneration aspect of the helmet was changed from its original value of 4-8 HP and 4-8 MP to its current 10-12 HP and 10-12 MP.
- While certainly "shiny ... and undeniably badass," it is not quite indestructible; it can be pulverized.
- The item description semi-quotes the song "Queer", by Garbage: "The queerest of the queer/The strangest of the strange..."
- The Misty Mountains is a reference to the Lord of the Rings books by J. R. R. Tolkien.
- The last two sentences are a play on the phrase "full of piss and vinegar," meaning feisty and/or full of energy. ("Pith and vinegar" is a common bowdlerization of "piss and vinegar", and thus it is conceivable that Jick was directly playing off of the "pith" version.)