The Pagoda Quest is an optional side-quest that provides an upgrade to your campsite. It does not appear in your quest log.
- Adventure Belowdecks until you obtain an acoustic guitarrr and two Gaudy keys in order to obtain snakehead charrrms. Belowdecks will not open until you have acquired and read the relevant page of your father's MacGuffin diary in the Council's 11th level quest: The Quest for the Holy MacGuffin.
- Combine the snakehead charrrms into the Talisman o' Namsilat and equip it to gain access to The Palindome.
- Adventure Inside the Palindome until you obtain a ketchup hound, drab sonata, Elf Farm Raffle ticket, and guitar pick.
- If not in Bad Moon:
- Use the Elf Farm Raffle ticket while having a ten-leaf clover to win pagoda plans. This can be done without a clover in Bad Moon.
- Adventure at Itznotyerzitz Mine until you obtain two chrome ores and combine one with your drab sonata, and one with your acoustic guitarrr to obtain a heavy metal sonata and a heavy metal thunderrr guitarrr in your inventory (don't equip it!).
- Adventure at Pandamonium Slums until you obtain a Hey Deze map (can only be obtained after cleansing the grove).
- Use the Hey Deze map to obtain Hey Deze nuts.
- Use the ketchup hound (with the pagoda plans in your inventory) to obtain the Pagoda at your campground.
This is useful if you just broke the prism and want to put up a Pagoda for aftercore. It assumes you've done all this before.
- Go get the Hey Deze map from the Pandamonium Slums, if you don't already have it.
- Pull a heavy metal thunderrr guitarrr, heavy metal sonata, and guitar pick for the music. Pull an Elf Farm Raffle ticket and a disassembled clover, if you don't already have them. The first three items will not be consumed, and thus are reusable every ascension. The latter two will be consumed.
- Use the Hey Deze map.
- Use the clover (to reassemble it), and then use the raffle ticket.
- Use the ketchup hound (which you still have in inventory from the level 11 quest).
- Doubles your base HP and MP when resting, and gives 3 extra adventures a day.
- You can now obtain the Palindrophy trophy.
When using the ketchup hound:
A dog, a plan, a canal, pagoda!
The ketchup hound reads the pagoda plans, and barks a series of instructions at the Hey Deze Nuts. They dig a deep canal around part of your campsite, and quickly construct a pagoda inside it.
The ketchup hound looks at your pagoda plans, and seems to understand them. He starts trying to dig the requisite canal, but his little paws aren't strong enough. It's cute, but ultimately ineffective.
The ketchup hound barks at the Hey Deze Nuts, and they start digging. Unfortunately, they have no plans to go by, so they just dig random trenches until they lose interest.
- The quest text includes the palindrome "A dog, a plan, a canal. Pagoda!", which is a variation of the classic palindromes, "A Man, a Plan, a Canal – Panama" and "A Dog, a Panic in a Pagoda".