Otorian Battle Scar
This is the proud post-battle beverage of those noblest of warriors, the Otori clan. The ingredients of the drink are a closely guarded secret, but it is rumored to contain four feathers from the tail of a phoenix, the blood of slain foes, and a little grenadine for flavor. It has been said that drinking one is like being hit with a slice of lemon wrapped around a fairly large samurai sword.
(In-game plural: Otorian Battle Scars)
- Given to Clan Otori members.
|You try to drink the Otorian Battle Scar, but stop because you feel that you're not worthy of such a noble beverage.|
- 42 of these were created by Jick and given to the members of Clan Otori for the clan's 1-year anniversary.
- They gave them away during the Otori week to top contest winners, and to selected members of the community whom Otori wanted to recognize for their contributions to Kingdom life. They also received more for their 10 year anniversary to give away to those who finished their Wayback Machine puzzle game.
- Cannot be drunk, much like N. O. Beer. Also like N. O. Beer, one of them has been consumed by Jick.
- The description includes a reference to the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, a potent mixed drink from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. According to the titular book-within-a-book, "the effect of the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick".
- The number 42 also has special Hitchhiker's significance; according to the books, it is the answer to the Great Question of Life, the Universe and Everything.
- The feathers in the ingredient list is likely because the word "otori" is often translated from Japanese to English as "phoenix."
- Grenadine is the non-alcoholic red syrup used in making a Shirley Temple.
|TOP 10 Otorian Battle Scar collections|
6. lazysloth - 1 | 7. Spazmatic - 1 | 8. PokeyMan - 1 | 9. TurtleGirlPower - 1 | 10. General_Herpes - 1
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings