|Monster Parts||whirl, wind|
|Quest||Hugo's Weaving Manual|
This monster appears to be a whirpool from the middle of an oasis. It probably asked permission from its master to visit the lands beyond, then decided to stay and beat the crap out of unsuspecting adventurers. It stomps toward you, looking intent on throwing it all back to you. You try to figure out what you gotta do, but you really should've figured that out by now.
It knocks over a dune onto you. You get caught beneath the landslide. Ooh! Ugh! Ow! Ooh! Ugh! Ugh!
It throws you high into the air. Where was it while you were getting high? Ooh! Ow! Eek! Ow! Oof! Ow!
It stomps you with its watery feet. You should have mentioned that you wanna live and don't wanna die. Eek! Argh! Ouch! Ouch! Eek! Ouch!
It walks past you, then looks back in anger. It's such an angry look that it hurts your feelings. Ow! Ow! Oof!
It charges you, so you run away. All the roads you have to walk are winding, and the lights that light the way are uncomfortably bright. In the end, you give up and just let it trample you. Ow! Ooh! Oof! Argh! Ugh! Oof!
It tries to grab you and throw you, but you dodge faster than a cannonball.
It tries to look back in anger at you, but you advise it to avoid doing so.
It tries to stomp with its watery feet, but you wanna live and don't wanna die, so you dodge.
It tries to bury you in sand, but you decide you're gonna be the one that saves you, and run away.
It slowly walks down the hall between two dunes, while you run away faster than a cannonball. Wipe that tear away now, from your eye, because it didn't manage to hit you this round. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 80-120 Meat (average: 100, stdev: 8.56)*|
|You acquire an item: Supernova Champagne (19.4% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: displaced fish (21.4% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: hot date (5.5% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: palm frond (10.1% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: carbonated water lily (11.2% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: wonderwall shield (4.4% chance)*|
|You gain 38 <substat>.|
Occurs at An Oasis.
- This monster's description, item drops, and combat messages all refer to various songs by the British band Oasis.
- The description is a reference to the song Wonderwall ("Today is gonna be the day / That they're gonna throw it back to you / By now you should've somehow / Realized what you gotta do").
- The description also references the Meat Puppets song "Whirlpool."
- The first and second hit messages, the first miss message, and the fumble message are references to the song Champagne Supernova ("Wipe that tear away now from your eye / Slowly walking down the hall / Faster than a cannon ball / Where were you when we were getting high / Some day you will find me / Caught beneath the landslide").
- The third hit and third miss messages are references to the song Live Forever.
- The fourth hit message and the second miss message are references to the song Don't Look Back in Anger.
- The critical hit message and the fourth miss message are again references to the song Wonderwall.