Moxie is a measure of your groove and panache, liveliness and energy, fortitude and determination, courage and initiative, etc... Moxious, baby! It is one of your three main stats, along with Muscle and Mysticality.
Moxie is also:
- the primary stat of Disco Bandits, Accordion Thieves, and Avatars of Sneaky Pete
- the secondary stat of Seal Clubbers, Saucerors, and Ed the Undying
- used while adventuring to calculate your chances of dodging a hit in combat
- used to calculate the damage taken, if a hit is not dodged
- used while adventuring to calculate hit chance when wielding ranged weapons
- a prerequisite for wearing many pants and hats and wielding most ranged weapons - they cannot be equipped unless your base Moxie is high enough
The substat names for Moxie are:
On this wiki, the color green is often used to indicate that something grants Moxie.
- Within the US, one is said to be "full of Moxie" if they are skilled or spirited. This saying stems from the soft drink, Moxie, the first mass produced soft drink in the US.