This is a curious object - a whirling mass of energy that seems to just suck up Meat.
(In-game plural: meat vortices)
- From inventory, whether or not you have Meat on hand:
|You place the meat vortex on the ground, and set it to spinning. It sucks a bunch of meat out of your wallet, and then vanishes in a puff of annoying.|
- In combat against a monster that can drop Meat:
|You unleash the meat vortex on your unsuspecting opponent. Meat begins to fly through the air from him to you.|
- Subsequent times against a monster that can drop Meat:
|The vortex whirls and whirls, but is unable to extract any more Meat from it.|
- In combat against a monster that can't drop Meat:
|You unleash the meat vortex on your unsuspecting opponent. The vortex whirls and whirls, but is unable to extract any Meat from him.|
- Meat gained ranges from 1 to the average amount of meat a monster can drop before any bonuses are applied.
- Was the source of the "Black Sunday" bugmeat.
- Required in order to defeat the Big Meat Golem in The Sorceress' Tower.
- The best place to use this item is on the dirty thieving brigands in The Themthar Hills, due to their inordinately high Meat drop.
- Using two of these items with Ambidextrous Funkslinging results in wasting one.
- If you use a meat vortex on a monster, then cast CLEESH, you can use another meat vortex on the frog, newt, or salamander (only getting about 5 meat).
- The usage text "vanishes in a puff of annoying" may be a reference to the book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy which uses the phrase "Vanish in a puff of logic". It may also be a reference to the classic computer game "Colossal Cave" (also known as "Adventure" or "ADVENT"), where defeated enemies would "Vanish in a puff of greasy black smoke".
|TOP 10 meat vortex collections|
6. Thisguy - 100000 | 7. cankergIRL - 52066 | 8. NML Manticore - 35382 | 9. Vortex320 - 13851 | 10. Snappy the Slow - 12415
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings