This is a big bunch of tiny May flowers, brought forth by April showers and then placed in this beautifully-arranged bouquet. If you look closely, you can see the tiny pilgrims in it. They're very compact.
(In-game plural: Mayflower bouquets)
- Obsoleted Areas/Methods
- <name> holds out the Mayflower bouquet toward your opponent. They stop to smell the flowers instead of attacking you. (6.5% chance)*
- <name> looks into the Mayflower bouquet, frowns, pulls out an undesirable flower and discards it. It lands in your pocket. (base 50% chance, see notes)*
|You acquire an item: tin magnolia (20% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: upsy daisy (20% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: lesser grodulated violet (20% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: half-orchid (20% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: begpwnia (20% chance)*|
- <name> holds the Mayflower bouquet out in front of you, and you stop to smell the flowers. (50% chance; followed by one of the following, each of which is equally likely)*
How cute! You pat <name> on the head and offer some words of encouragement and support.
(+3 familiar experience)
It reminds you that the best things in life are free. Then you remember that you can keep them for the birds and bees, and start sniffing around for extra Meat.
(+40% Meat from Monsters)
It gives you time to reflect on the experience of this fight, and makes it more meaningful to you.
(Grants you five substat points.)
The fresh, clean scent of the flowers inspires you and <name> to dance a little jig together. You feel lucky!
(+25% item drop)
|Tin magnolia||Tin, Man||+5 Damage Reduction|
|Upsy daisy||Ass Over Teakettle||+50% Combat Initiative|
|Lesser grodulated violet||Fustulent||+15 Stench Damage
+15 Damage to Stench Spells
|Half-orchid||Bestial Sympathy||+3 Familiar Weight|
|Begpwnia||Can't Be a Chooser||+30% Meat from Monsters|
- May 2007's item of the month from Mr. Store.
- Its in-store description: +5 lbs of familiar, does lots of neat flowery stuff in combat.
- Equips on any familiar except for the Comma Chameleon.
- Can drop a flower and give one of the flower-smelling effects after the same combat.
- There may be a random daily limit on flower drops. Currently the range seems to be 5-10 per day. It is also theorized that the flower drops follow a pattern similar to Oyster Eggs, dropping less and less frequently as more adventures are spent in a day. Whatever the case, the counter resets at ascension.
- The sword behind inappropriate prepositions has no effect on the Bouquet's combat messages.
- First prize in The Raffle House on January 16, 2008.
- The description refers to the joke: Q. "If April showers bring May flowers, then what do May-flowers bring?" A. "Pilgrims."
- This is a meta-reference to the voyage of the Mayflower ship. Their "compact" nature refers to the Mayflower Compact they signed before disembarking from the ship.
- The message talking about the "best things in life" and the "birds and bees" refers to the song "Money (That's What I Want)", by Barrett Strong.
- The message talking about the "fresh, clean scent" may be a reference to advertisements for the soap Irish Spring.
|TOP 10 Mayflower bouquet collections|
6. Ekirhal - 6 | 7. Lord Budroe - 6 | 8. gonepostal - 5 | 9. Riff - 4 | 10. Leg o Lam - 4
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings
| Preceded by:
bad penguin egg
| Mayflower bouquet
| Succeeded by:|
bottled green pixie