TheKoLWiki is changing its look - find out more here!
Maximizing Your Item Drops
Item drop bonuses are useful if you are farming for moderately rare items or maybe even softcore speed ascending.
|Ultra rares and Raffle House/Radio prizes||Tradable and still obtainable, but rare|
|Semi-rares and war hero drops|
|Mr. Store/KoL Con items||Tradable, but no longer obtainable|
|Other limited time content|
|Clan Dungeon non-tradables||Untradable, but still obtainable|
|Non-tradables from past holidays and world events||Untradable, and no longer obtainable|
|*||Single-equip restriction, or two-handed/three-handed weapon|
|Hodgman's Regal Frippery||Bounty-Hunting Rig||Custom (all optional)|
|Hat||Hodgman's porkpie hat||12.5%||bounty-hunting helmet||20%||bounty-hunting helmet||20%|
|Pants||Hodgman's lobsterskin pants||12.5%||bounty-hunting pants||20%||plexiglass pants||20%|
|Weapon||scratch 'n' sniff sword (optional)||75%||bounty-hunting rifle||15%||scratch 'n' sniff sword||75%|
|Off-hand||Hodgman's metal detector||0||A Light that Never Goes Out||5%|
|Accessory 1||Hodgman's lucky sock (optional)||25%||Mr. Accessory Jr. (optional)||25%||Mr. Accessory Jr.||25%|
|Accessory 2||Hodgman's bow tie||12.5%||Mr. Accessory Jr. (optional)||25%||Mr. Accessory Jr.||25%|
|Accessory 3||Mr. Accessory Jr. (optional)||25%||Mr. Accessory Jr. (optional)||25%||Mr. Accessory Jr.||25%|
|Outfit bonus||Hodgman's Regal Frippery||12.5%||Bounty-Hunting Rig||15%||Merry Smithsness||25%|
- Note: Hodgman's Regal Frippery allows the use of a skill to give +100% item drops, five times per day.
- Since the amount of item drop bonus from the Jekyllin hide belt varies with the moonlight (from 15% to 55%), there are times when equipping Mr. Accessory Jrs. or Grimacite gorgets in their place would be more advantageous.
- As the V for Vivala mask can force item drops on critical hits, equipping this in a spare accessory slot could increase your chances. Note that this prevents your opponent from dropping the same item normally that combat.
- Being underwater gives you an inherent penalty to item and meat drops, but can be reduced. See underwater adventuring.
- Rave Concentration increases item drops by 30%, but can only obtained by Disco Bandits. See Rave combos.
- The Jack-in-the-Box provides twice the bonus of a Fairy, but only once every 3 turns.
- The molten medallion, musty moccasins, and monstrous monocle become more effective when using them together. See their individual pages for details.
- The Elvish sunglasses and El Tango de la Maldita Suegra provide 25% and 20% bonus to pickpocket chance, respectively.
- Expert Timing provides a 20% increase, as you can have neither a weapon nor an off-hand equipped to benefit from this effect.
- The Peppermint Rhino is a fairy-type familiar whose item drop bonus is doubled for candy.
- Smithsness can currently be raised to a maximum of 90 points (giving a maximum item drop bonus of 90% on A Light that Never Goes Out).
- Hobo Power can currently be raised to a maximum of 170 points (giving a maximum item drop bonus of 85% on Hodgman offhand items).
- Other Crown of Thrones/Buddy Bjorn choices exist, which give item drop bonuses to specific categories of items (e.g. Slimeling gives +15% weapon drops). These are not included in the table in the interest of brevity.