|Quest||Eye of Ed|
"Lord Spookyraven, I presume," you say, as you enter the Summoning Chamber. He moves his mouth as if to reply, but all that emerges is a puff of dust.
He looks as old and as desiccated as an old, desiccated corpse. He must've used ancient and unspeakable and forbidden magic to keep himself alive all this time. You'd think he would've used it to keep himself in better shape. You'd think that if you had time, but you don't, as he's already preparing to attack you.
Lord Spookyraven twiddles his fingers, and the room fills with a noxious green fog. You sputter and gag. Oof! Ouch! Ow! Ow! Ouch! Argh! Ugh! (stench damage)
Lord Spookyraven twiddles his fingers, and the floor beneath you suddenly sprouts giant, sharpened icicles. They simultaneously stab and freeze you. Ooh! Eek! Oof! Oof! Argh! Argh! Eek! Eek! (cold damage)
Lord Spookyraven twiddles his fingers. A thin tentacle emerges from the floor, coils up your leg, and touches you in an entirely inappropriate way. Eek! Ouch! Argh! Eek! Eek! Argh! Oof! Ow! (sleaze damage)
Lord Spookyraven twitches his fingers in some arcane pattern, then opens his mouth. A mass of writhing tentacles shoots out and wetly slaps you in the <bung>. Yech. Ooh! Ow! Oof! Argh! Ugh! Eek! Ugh! Ouch! (sleaze damage)
He picks up one of the candles from the altar, and blows on the flame. It grows into a huge torrent of fire, burning your <ear>. Hot <bung>! Hot <ankle>! Ooh! Oof! Oof! Eek! Ugh! Ugh! Ooh! Oof! (hot damage)
Lord Spookyraven twiddles his fingers and summons an enormous gout of fire. Guess who it envelops? You, that's who!. Oof! Ugh! Ooh! Eek! Eek! Argh! Oof! Ugh! (hot damage)
Lord Spookyraven twiddles his fingers, and shadowy hands emerge from the darkness. They smack you repeatedly and spookily. Ouch! Ooh! Oof! Eek! Oof! Eek! Eek! Eek! (spooky damage)
Lord Spookyraven picks up a handful of dirt from a nearby urn and throws it at you. Oh, man, it's grave dirt! And consequently a grave situation! Argh! Argh! Ow! Oof! Eek! Ouch! Ugh! Eek! (spooky damage)
Lord Spookyraven conjures a set of heavy chains, which move of their own accord and bind you to the altar. What follows is... unspeakable. Argh! Eek! Oof! Ugh! Eek! Ouch! Argh!
He twiddles his fingers, apparently trying to cast some sort of fire spell, but only manages to set his own <elbow> on fire.
He casts a spell to turn his ancient and dry tongue into a writhing mass of moistened tentacles, but it makes him a little topheavy, and he falls on his face with a wet "thud."
He picks up a handful of dirt from a nearby urn and throws it at you. Luckily, you remembered to Scotch-gard your clothes this morning, and the dirt just slides right off. Scotch-gard -- it's frickin' awesome!
Lord Spookyraven raises his hands to cast some sort of evil spell on you, but the left one falls off at the wrist and he has to spend a few seconds reattaching it. (FUMBLE!)
Lord Spookyraven brushes your forehead with his dry, skinny hand. You feel power drain from you.
|You lose some Mana Points.|
Lord Spookyraven grabs a goblet from behind the altar, and drinks some sort of thick red liquid from it. He lets out a long, satisfied (and very creepy) sigh.
|You acquire an item: Eye of Ed (100% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: Lord Spookyraven's ear trumpet (100% chance)*|
|You gain 120-121 <substat>.|
Occurs at the Summoning Chamber.
- Lord Spookyraven's first attack will damage you for approximately your current HP. This is mitigated by having elemental resistance. Having +3 or more to all resistances makes his first attack not special, and will damage you as if he were just attacking you normally.
- Having a familiar with a little box of fireworks equipped stuns Lord Spookyraven the first round and stops him from using his large attack.
- Elemental Resistance and deleveling (see Monster Level) will make the fight much easier and will reduce Spookyraven's initial hit to much more manageable damage.
- Stolen MP is returned to Lord Spookyraven as HP.
- Once you have defeated Lord Spookyraven, this adventure will no longer occur (becomes a one-time adventure).
- This monster is a boss and cannot be copied or insta-killed by normal means.
- The critical hit message is a nod to the act of BDSM. Furthermore, Lord Spookyraven being able to command chains appears to also be a nod to Clive Barker's The Hellbound Heart, a BDSM related horror novella and the Hellraiser movie series that it inspired.
- "Lord Spookyraven, I presume" mimics the famous greeting of Dr. Livingstone by Henry Morton Stanley: "Dr Livingstone, I presume.