Karma is received upon arriving at The Mini-Pearly Gates in Valhalla. The amount of Karma gained depends on your previous lifestyle and path.
- Boozetafarian: +12
- Teetotaler: +12
- Oxygenarian: +26
- Standard path or current special challenge path for Normal: +50
- Standard path or current special challenge path for Hardcore: +100
- Completing any out of season challenge path for the first time (in addition to what you would have got anyway): +50
Karma left unspent when descending will be carried over to your next visit in Valhalla.
With regards to special challenge paths, any run completed that began while the path was still current will earn the bonus Karma, even if a new seasonal challenge path has since been released. For instance, a player that began a Way of the Surprising Fist Hardcore run during Fall 2011, while it was the current challenge path, would still earn the 100 bonus Karma even if he or she finished the run in January 2012, after the Winter 2011 path had been released. This ensures that players are not penalized for accidentally finishing after the seasonal path rotation.
- Jermery's Permery will allow you to spend multiples of 100 Karma to make skills Permanent and/or upgrade Permanent skills to Hardcore Permanent.
- The Deli Lama will allow you to spend 1 Karma to receive only one pack of consumables for your next life.
- Pet Heaven will allow you to spend 10 Karma to receive only one piece of astral equipment for your next life.