Jewel-eyed wizard hat
(In-game plural: jewel-eyed wizard hats)
- Obsoleted Areas/Methods
- July 2006's item of the month from Mr. Store.
- Its in-store description: Does various wizardy-type things. Also has the tallest item description popup of anything in the game. Cannot be equipped in Hardcore.
- The "+5 Duration to Buffs You Cast" effect only applies to skills that can be cast from the buff drop down menu, not to skills that can only be cast on oneself.
- The hat restores ⌈level / 2⌉? + 1d3 MP every turn, including turns not spent adventuring (e.g., Cooking, or working out).
- As of the October 25, 2007 Trivial Updates: "The jewel-eyed wizard hat now works its buff-duration-increasing magic from your inventory, and no longer needs to be equipped for that purpose."
- If you view the source of the item description page, you can see an HTML comment after "Ba-dum-bum-pssht" which reads "Two drums and a cymbal fall off a cliff." This was quoted by Xenophobe on the February 16, 2006 radio show as the "world's best joke."
- The item description references the Discworld series, in which one of the main characters, Rincewind, has a hat with the word "WIZZARD" emblazoned upon it in sequins.
- The item description references the concept of the third eye which is part of certain types of New Age mysticism. It may also reference the Dungeons & Dragons psionic item of the same name.
- "Lvl. 3 Eroticism" and the wizard robe refer to the online antics of BloodNinja mocking people seeking cybersex. The most infamous example can be found on bash.org.
- The spell "Magic Missile" is a reference to the D&D spell magic missile.
- The item name is a pun on July, in which this was Item of the Month. (July, jewel-eye, get it?)
|TOP 10 jewel-eyed wizard hat collections|
6. Quaxalot - 4 | 7. resiliang - 4 | 8. Phlegmatic Phil - 4 | 9. PuppyKisses - 4 | 10. gonepostal - 4
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings
| Preceded by:
| jewel-eyed wizard hat
| Succeeded by:|
Comma Chameleon egg