This is a huge ball of compressed sugar and some unidentifiable attempt at fruit flavoring. It's not quite as brutal as a jawbreaker, but it's definitely not a walk in the park. Kids these days and their sadomasochistic candy . . . back in my day, we had candy everybody wants! And we liked it!
(In-game plural: jawbruisers)
|You eat the jawbruiser, cracking a few molars in the process. By the time you're done, even smiling makes your face ache.|
|(You gain 1 Fullness.)|
- When chucked:
- or, if the target is wearing a Protects-Your-Junk:
- When struck:
|You acquire an effect: Bruised Jaw|
(duration: 10 Adventures)
- Getting Beaten Up by consuming this item lasts for 4 adventures instead of the usual 3.
- Chucking the jawbruiser consumes it.
- You cannot chuck one at a character in Hardcore or Ronin.
- On December 16, 2009 Chatbot was made immune to the jawbruiser. Attempting to chuck one at Chatbot produces:
- Chatbot's jaw is made from dwarf-forged steel, and cannot be bruised.
- "Even smiling makes my face ache" is a quote from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- "...back in my day, we had candy everybody wants! And we liked it!" is a reference to an old Saturday Night Live Dana Carvey skit in which he acts like a "Grumpy Old Man."
- "Candy Everybody Wants" is also the name of a 10000 Maniacs song.
|TOP 10 jawbruiser collections|
6. Leopold Jimmleson - 491 | 7. Skent - 430 | 8. Mistress of the Obvious - 373 | 9. Chat Czar - 372 | 10. Twixx - 313
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings