This shimmering ball of positive energy is a cosmic reward for a good deed well done. It's gonna get you -- get you right in the face!
Level required: 13
Cannot be traded
: units of Instant Karma
- The Sorceress' Chamber
- Naughty Sorceress (3) (only at level 13)
- Freeing the King (ingame leaderboard/subboard ascensions only).
- A Volcanic Cave (only after solving the lava puzzle)
- Gorgolok, the Demonic Hellseal
- Stella, the Demonic Turtle Poacher
- Spaghetti Demon
- Lumpy, the Demonic Sauceblob
- Demon of New Wave
- Somerset Lopez, Demon Mariachi
- Mer-kin Temple
- You Beat Shub to a Stub, Bub
- You Brought Her To Her Kn-kn-kn-kn-knees, Knees.
- Dad Sea Monkee
|You lift the karma into the air and let it shine down on you. You're filled with sweetness and light (and saffron, for some reason. That's weird.)
|(You gain 5 Spleen.)
|You discard your Instant Karma.
Maybe it'll come back to you in your next life.
- Discarding an Instant Karma grants an additional 11 Karma when you ascend (this does increase your banked Karma in your quest log).
- As a spleen item, it is equivalent to a Breathetastic™ Premium Canned Air.
- A casual ascension does not give you an Instant Karma for defeating the Naughty Sorceress, although you can still get one for beating your nemesis and one from what you encounter inside the Mer-kin Temple.
- When defeating the Naughty Sorceress, only your current level matters. It's possible to go to a higher level, drop down with stat reducing items, and still get an Instant Karma. Also if you level from 13 to 14 as a result of the fight you still get the karma.
- The item description refers to the John Lennon song "Instant Karma!".
- Saffron robes are associated in Hindu and Theravada Buddhist traditions with the religious path, the quest for light, salvation, etc.
- See Delevel for how to lower your level to 13 for the Naughty Sorceress fight.
- Prior to May 17, 2011, discarded Instant Karma (up to a limit of 3) would be given to you at the start of your next ascension. The "maybe it'll come back to you" text is a leftover from that time, and is now somewhat misleading.