This shimmering ball of positive energy is a cosmic reward for a good deed well done. It's gonna get you -- get you right in the face!
Level required: 13
Cannot be traded
: units of Instant Karma
- The Sorceress' Chamber
- The Naughty Sorceress (3) (only at level 13)
- Freeing the King (ingame leaderboard/subboard ascensions only).
- A Volcanic Cave (only after solving the lava puzzle)
- Gorgolok, the Demonic Hellseal
- Stella, the Demonic Turtle Poacher
- Spaghetti Demon
- Lumpy, the Demonic Sauceblob
- Demon of New Wave
- Somerset Lopez, Demon Mariachi
- Mer-kin Temple
- You Beat Shub to a Stub, Bub
- You Brought Her To Her Kn-kn-kn-kn-knees, Knees.
- Dad Sea Monkee
|You lift the karma into the air and let it shine down on you. You're filled with sweetness and light (and saffron, for some reason. That's weird.)
|(You gain 5 Spleen.)
|You discard your Instant Karma.
Maybe it'll come back to you in your next life.
- As a spleen item, it is equivalent to a Breathetastic™ Premium Canned Air.
- A casual ascension does not give you an Instant Karma for defeating the Naughty Sorceress.
- When defeating the Naughty Sorceress, only your current level matters. It's possible to go to a higher level, drop down with stat reducing items, and still get an Instant Karma. Also if you level from 13 to 14 as a result of the fight you still get the karma.
- Discarding an Instant Karma grants an additional 11 Karma when you ascend (this does increase your banked Karma in your quest log).
- The item description refers to the John Lennon song "Instant Karma!".
- Saffron robes are associated in Hindu and Theravada Buddhist traditions with the religious path, the quest for light, salvation, etc.
- See Delevel for how to lower your level to 13 for the Naughty Sorceress fight.
- Prior to May 17, 2011, discarded Instant Karma (up to a limit of 3) would be given to you at the start of your next ascension. The "maybe it'll come back to you" text is a leftover from that time, and is now somewhat misleading.