An insta-kill is a combat action that immediately defeats a monster regardless of how many hit points it has. Be warned though, bosses and some other special monsters are immune, although they may take some damage instead.
- Main article: Yellow ray strategy
Disintegration will automatically kill enemies and force all of their (non-conditional) items to drop. None of these can be used while you have the Everything Looks Yellow effect. See yellow ray strategy for a full list of disintegration sources
Using these items doesn't force item drops like disintegration, but they do not have any cooldown period. Most of these items will instead deal damage when used against enemies it can't insta-kill.
- The Bomb blows up anything.
- Sharpened hubcaps have a small (perhaps 25%) chance of decapitating your foe, even if they don't have a head.
- An exploding cigar is just an exploding cigar.
- A Handsome Devil takes your opponent to Hey Deze and grants a +100% bonus to item drops alongside a +200% bonus to meat drops.
- A space invader will steal all of your opponent's quarters.
- The world's most dangerous birdhouse renders anything less cohesive, including tower monsters. (KOLHS only)
- A power pill lets your Puck Man eat your opponent in one gulp, without spending an adventure.
- A glob of superduperheated metal reduces your foe to ashes, at no adventure cost.
- A nuclear stockpile only works in aftercore during Crimbo of 2015, but it will blast your opponent to fallout, at no adventure cost.
- A replica bat-oomerang knocks out a foe three times a day and is not expended on use, at no adventure cost.
- A droppable microphone will either deal damage or immediately drop your foe.
- A Daily Affirmation: Think Win-Lose inspires you to win any fight at no adventure cost.
The following items only work on specific monsters or in a single location.
- 4:20 bombs annihilate Hippies.
- An antique hand mirror shatters The Guy Made Of Bees.
- A beehive defeats the wall of skin.
- Bobcat grenades tear Beasts to shreds.
- Boozebombs take care of Orcs.
- Boxes of hammers destroy Constructs.
- Holy bombs, batman obliterate the Undead.
- A cigarette lighter burns any enemy in A Mob of Zeppelin Protesters as well as 5-7 other protesters.
- An electric boning knife deconstructs the wall of bones.
- A mime eraser instantly kills cheerless mime functionary in The Cheerless Spire (Level 1).
- An opium grenade defeats a pair of burnouts and eliminates two additional pairs in the White Citadel Quest.
- A plus-sized phylactery vanquishes the Gargantulihc.
- A drone self-destruct chip dissolves a liquid metal bugbear. (Bugbear Invasion only)
- A quantum nanopolymer spider web removes a bugbear scientist. (Bugbear Invasion only)
- In the old Sorceress' tower, each of the monsters could be insta-killed by a specific combat item. See this page for a full list of tower monsters and their associated items.
- A scroll of ancient forbidden unspeakable evil eliminates some physically-immune ghosts.
- A Bowl of Scorpions knocks out drunk pygmies, at no adventure cost. It works automatically if you have one in your inventory. Doing this eleven times in one day will also banish the drunk pygmy until rollover.
- An antique machete, when equipped, lets you cut through a dense liana, at no adventure cost.
- A glark cable fries any non-boss enemy in The Red Zeppelin, at no adventure cost.
Similar to insta-kill items, these skills do not force item drops like disintegration. In fact, some of them destroy the monster so thoroughly that neither items nor meat will drop.
|Skill||Source/Requirements||Cost||Item drop||Meat drop||Adventure cost||Notes|
|Batter Up!||Seal Clubber wielding a club||5 fury||No||No||Normal||
|Carbohydrate Cudgel||Skill learned from The Machine|| 30 MP
|Chest X-Ray||Accessory: Lil' Doctor™ bag||None||Yes||Yes||Free||
|Fire the Jokester's Gun||Weapon: The Jokester's gun||None||Yes||Yes||Free||Can be used once per day|
|Gingerbread Mob Hit||Skill learned from My Life of Crime, a Memoir||30 MP||Yes||Yes||Free||Can be used once per day|
|Release the Boots||Familiar: Pair of Stomping Boots||None||No||No||Normal||
|Science! Fight with Rational Thought||Familiar: Intergnat suffix: WITH SCIENCE!||None||No||No||Normal||
|Shattering Punch||Skill learned from training scroll: Shattering Punch||30 MP||Yes||Yes||Free||
|Trap Ghost||Back item: protonic accelerator pack||None||Yes||Yes||Normal|
|Bifurcating Blow||Challenge Path: Avatar of Boris||10 MP||?||?||Normal||
|Bear Hug|| Challenge Path: Zombie Slayer
Equip: right bear arm and left bear arm
|None||?||?||Normal||Usable ten times per day, insta-kills and adds current foe(s) to your zombie horde|
|Walk Away From Explosion||Challenge Path: Avatar of Sneaky Pete||30 MP||?||?||Normal||
|Lightning Strike||Challenge Path: Heavy Rains||20 bolts of Lightning||Yes||Yes||Free||Deals a large amount of damage against inapplicable monsters.|