TheKoLWiki is changing its look - find out more here!
| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
Infernal Seals are summoned using a seal figurine and a certain number of either seal-blubber candles or imbued seal-blubber candles outside of combat. Summoning a broodling seal, for example, requires a figurine of a cute baby seal and five seal-blubber candles. The figurine and candles are consumed in the summoning.
A player can only summon five Infernal Seals each day (ten with a Claw of the Infernal Seal), regardless of whether the player wins or loses.
There is a limit to finding some of Greater Seal figurines each day as well. Any number of sleek seal figurines (minimum level 12) can be found, but only five total of the level-6-minimum-to-use figurines can be found per day.
As fighting seals does not take adventures, a player can use these combats to gain more effective turns of beneficial effects such as Brother Corsican's Blessing.
Again, keep in mind you are a Seal Clubber: only club weapons you hold are effective against Infernal Seals. All items, spells, combat familiars, and other weapons (except swords if you have Iron Palms) have their damage reduced to 1. Clubs held by a Disembodied Hand are also not effective. Thankfully, combat skills that trigger weapon damage such as Shieldbutt do normal damage if you have a club equipped, but the damage from the shield will be ineffective. Presently Yellow Ray effects will successfully take Seals down if you are empty handed or clubless for some reason.
|Summon||Figurine||Number of candles||Minimum level||Item drop|
figurine of a cute baby seal
|Centurion of Sparky||
figurine of an armored seal
ingot of seal-iron
figurine of an ancient seal
|Spawn of Wally||
figurine of a wretched-looking seal
tainted seal's blood
These seals require an imbued seal-blubber candle and a figurine found in a non-combat adventure.
These seals may also have an additional item drop that is a piece of equipment.
|Summon||Figurine||Figurine drop site||Minimum level||Item drop||Equipment drop|
figurine of a charred seal
sizzling seal fat
figurine of a cold seal
frost-rimed seal hide
frozen seal spine
|Servant of Grodstank||
figurine of a stinking seal
|The Hippy Camp, The Hippy Camp (Bombed Back to the Stone Age)||6||
fustulent seal grulch
infernal toilet brush
|shadow of Black Bubbles||
figurine of a shadowy seal
|The Misspelled Cemetary (Post-Cyrpt)||6||
scrap of shadow
shadowy seal eye
figurine of a sleek seal
|Sonofa Beach, also obtained from slimy chest||12||
hyperinflated seal lung
figurine of a slippery seal
|Orcish Frat House, The Frat House (Bombed Back to the Stone Age)||6||
|Random Greater Seal||
depleted uranium seal figurine
|A Palm Tree Shelter||None||Varies with seal||Varies with seal|
- Even though the combat with an Infernal seal does not take a turn, they are still counted when determining the familiar percentage for a run. For example, if you are doing a 100% run and the only combat for which you don't use the same familiar with is an Infernal seal combat, then you will not get a 100% run upon freeing the king.
- You can summon seals while Falling-down drunk.
- Effects that change monster level or trigger after combat like The Real Deal or Purple Tongue trigger in Infernal Seal combats. However, things that trigger after an adventure is spent don't trigger like most mp and hp restoring effects, because Infernal Seals combats don't use adventures.
- Finding a figurine does not cost an adventure.
- Because fighting an Infernal Seal doesn't cost an adventure, if you lose all your HP to an Infernal seal, you will get 4 turns of Beaten Up instead of the usual 3.
- If an Infernal Seal is transformed (CLEESHed, for example) the resulting monster encounter will consume an adventure.
- Unlike other figurines, the depleted uranium seal figurine is not consumed on use, though the candle is.
- None of these monsters can be copied.