|Airborne headgear? ¡Sí!|
Almost seems to grin at you...
Gives you more stats after combat
Ability: Increases stat gains in battle, depending on enemy level
Throne: +2 Mysticality Stats Per Fight, sometimes deals 15-25 Spooky Damage.
Hatchling: hovering sombrero
Familiar-Specific Equipment: tiny maracas
- Regular message:
- <name> bends its brim into an approximation of a smile.
- Enthroned in the Crown of Thrones:
- <Name> passes through your opponent, freaking him out and dealing 15-25 damage.
- With lucky Tam O'Shanter equipped:
- <name> hovers even more vigorously than usual, and some extra Meat materializes.
- With miniature gravy-covered maypole equipped:
- <name> baila una baila tradicional de su gente. (Translation: It dances a traditional dance of its people.)
- With wax lips equipped:
- <name> hace una sonrisa brillante con sus labios de cera. (Translation: It makes a brilliant smile with its lips of wax.)
- When entered in an Ultimate Cage Match:
- <name> cannot fight. <name> can only hover. Hover on, <name>!
- The sombrero increases stats after combat by √(weight) × (1 + √(ML - 4)) / 10.
- You can use this link to find out the stat gain from Sombrero; just replace X with sombrero weight and Y with monster level.
- The point where a Hovering Sombrero breaks even with a Volleyball of equal weight is monster level 85.
- Sombrero vs. Volleyball contains further information about when sombrero- and volleyball-type familiars are best for stat gains based on familiar weights and monster level.
- Before NS13, a Hovering Sombrero would have beaten a Volleyball of the same weight at monster level 70.
- Before South of The Border was implemented, the Hovering Sombrero was Jick's seldom-seen personal familiar.