|Monster Parts||head, arm, leg, torso|
The cobblestones in front of you glow red-hot, then start to melt. You jump back from a rapidly-expanding pool of molten rock, wondering what in the Fernswarthy is going on here.
A spectre rises from the puddle, a ghost that glows orange, a ghost giving off more heat than a demon in a fur coat.
He causes a nearby torch to shoot flame like a tiny flamethrower. You're going to miss those eyebrows. Eek! Ow! Ouch! Oof! (hot damage)
He makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end, then singes it all off. Ooh! Ugh! Ow! Argh! (hot damage)
He flicks some red-hot chains (which he forged in life) at you, branding you with every link. Ow! Eek! Argh! Ugh! (hot damage)
He turns himself up to a blue flame, then welds a hitching post to your foot. Ugh! Oof! Oof! Ouch! (hot damage)
He moans a series of "boooooos," each one ending in a face - searing fireball. Ow! Eek! Argh! Eek! (hot damage)
He picks up some coals from a nearby coal bin and hucks them at you. Ooh! Argh! Eek! Argh! (hot damage)
He swoops through you, giving you a blistering sunburn on the inside of your skin and searing the juices inside all of your internal organs. Ow! Ooh! Argh! Argh! (hot damage)
He makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end, which tickles more than it hurts.
He causes some torches to shoot pillars of flame, but you hide behind a pillar of salt.
He moans, "boooooo." You choose to believe he's saying, "Bruuuuuce."
He tries to weld a hitching post to your <foot>, but you speed away, no hitch in your get-along.
He tries to throw coals at you, but you change your name to "Newcastle."
He rattles his red-hot chains, but can't swing them hard enough to hit you.
He gets caught in a strong gale and his fire almost goes out. It seems to you he's lived his life like a ghost in the wind. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: vengeful spirit (?% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: Mark of the Ghost (?% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: Freddy Kruegerand (?% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: Dreadsylvanian Almanac page (?% chance)*|
|You gain ??? <substat>.|
Occurs at Dreadsylvanian Village.
- This monster cannot be copied.
- The Freddy Kruegerand and Dreadsylvanian Almanac page drops are not affected by item drop modifiers. They are similar to the beer lens drop and drops from crates. In particular, they can still drop after being stomped.
- If any elements are banished, hitting a hot Dreadsylvanian causes damage:
- Augh. Up close it's even hotter!
|You lose Y hit points. (hot damage)|
- Starting combat with a Dreadsylvanian ghost drains stats, giving one of the messages:
- The ghost gazes deep into your soul, somehow extracting your very life's essence through your eyes.
- The ghost claws wildly at you, and you can't help but feel like you've forgotten something important.
- The phantom menaces you, leaving you feeling weaker and oddly disappointed.
- The specter's ghastly visage turns your bowels to ice and your brain to mush.
- The ghost screams, and your mind blanks out for a second. W-where are you? What's going on?
- The ghost shrieks wildly at you. You can practically feel your brain leaking out of your ears.
- The ghost sticks ectoplasmic tendrils into your brain, draining some of your life experience.
- The ghost slashes at you with spectral claws, neatly removing a few precious childhood memories
|You lose X Beefiness.|
You lose X Magicalness.
You lose X Sarcasm.
- Getting hit by a Dreadsylvanian ghost in combat adds turns of Touched by a Ghost:
|You acquire an effect: Touched by a Ghost|
(duration: N Adventures)
- Effect duration, N is the number of times a noncombat in in the village has modified monsters this run.
- The name, image, and introduction text of this monster are all randomly selected: