This is a hobo nickel -- a small coin, made out of some sort of mysterious, unidentifiable metal, into which has been carved a small bas-relief by an industrious hobo. In this particular case, industry did not correspond with creativity, as the bas-relief depicts an unadorned numeral 5.
(In-game plural: hobo nickels)
- Hobopolis Town Square
- Normal hobo (only if the hobo doesn't drop a body part)
- Burnbarrel Blvd.
- Hot hobo
- Exposure Esplanade
- Cold hobo
- The Heap
- Stench hobo
- The Ancient Hobo Burial Ground
- Spooky hobo
- The Purple Light District
- Sleaze hobo
- Li'l Businessman Kit (Sometimes after combat in Hobopolis)
- Boxcar turtle (10) (sometimes)
- Obsoleted Areas/Methods
Buying with hobo nickels
There are various things in Hobopolis you may purchase with nickels during choice adventures.
- Food Court
- Garment District
- The Guy Who Carves Driftwood Animals
- 3 valuable trinkets (10)
- jar of squeeze (5)
- deadly lampshade (5)
- gift-a-pult (50)
- These can be used to purchase various rewards at the Hobo Marketplace, one of the adventure results in Hobopolis Town Square (though it may be impenetrable without a hobo code binder). These rewards include food, booze, various effects, and equipment.
- The Hobo Marketplace Table maps out the possible nickel-spending sprees.
- This item can't be pickpocketed.
- This is a reference to hobo nickels. Nickels used to be made of nickel.
|TOP 10 hobo nickel collections|
6. Mana Yachanichu - 25000 | 7. RedSix - 20000 | 8. Infinity Times Pie - 19000 | 9. hush - 16000 | 10. dagwoodmcd - 14000
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings