History of Loathing (2017)
These pages shall contain the history of the Kingdom of Loathing.
For an annotated list of changes to the game, see Changes.
|Table of contents|
|2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017|
January 01, 2017
- Let's do the time warp again! Also, take off your pants as though rollover tonight is New Year's Eve!
January 02, 2017
- January's Item-of-the-Month, a space jellyfish birthing planula, and 2017 Item-of-the-Year, a hopeful candle, are now in Mr. Store.
January 04, 2017
- Like sand in the hourglass, Crimbo Town too must fall through a tiny hole and disappear (on the night of 1/11, to be precise).
- A missing step in the Quest Tracker for the Level 11 quest is now not missing anymore. I wouldn't say it's missing, Bob.
January 06, 2017
- Four new possible "Other Accomplishments!" Yay!
January 23, 2017
- Top Bung, Liver, Nipple, Hat, Boot and other Chakra Cleaners can now view their exploits in the museum.
- The "Phone Booth" is now upstairs in the VIP Lounge, ghost dog chow is now multi-usable, and the Time-Spinner description tells how much sand remains.
- Non-Accordion Thieves can now cast buffs with the aerogel accordion. Also, you can now type numbers in the Time Prank form.
January 24, 2017
- Tentacles appear to be bursting through holes in reality... that's probably not good.
- 2016's Standard gear sets are now available in the Armory and Leggery (if you have the proper currency to buy them).
February 01, 2017
- February's Item-of-the-Month, the heart-shaped crate, is now in Mr. Store. Watch out for the tentacle beast eating Seaside Town.
February 06, 2017
- The stores of disabled players should once again not show up in mall searches.
- The Raffle House in Bordertown now shows how many tickets each winner purchased. To you, I mean. It always showed us.
February 14, 2017
- The new challenge path is here, the new challenge path is here. Set out and give life a try as a Gelatinous Noob!
February 28, 2017
- Today's widespread Amazon S3 outage is causing a lot of problems with KoL's images. We are all in this together.
March 01, 2017
- Are you a gelatinous noob? Great, you can now make pick-pocket your auto-attack. If that's a thing you wanted to do. Neat-o!
March 02, 2017
- Sorry for the delay, March's Item-of-the-Month, the unpowered Robortender is now in Mr. Store.
March 14, 2017
- Do you own Monster Manuel and wish you could see already collected factoids after combat? Head to Options->Combat and enable endless factoids!
April 03, 2017
- I'd like to take another day to get some more comprehensive testing done on the new Item-of-the-Month, so it's gonna be out tomorrow instead of today. Sorry about that.
April 04, 2017
- April's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store. Visit billions of alien worlds through the Spacegate!
April 07, 2017
- There was a power surge at the Spacegate Facility, and it scrambled the coordinate-tracking computers.
A given set of coordinates no longer points at the same planet it did before the surge, but there should now be more variety in the planets you encounter.
April 14, 2017
- Would you believe there was ANOTHER power supply failure at the Spacegate Facility? Sorry. This one was Jick's fault.
May 01, 2017
- May's Item-of-the-Month is now in Mr. Store, the New-You Club Membership Form. Get one and be the best you that you can be.
May 14, 2017
- Summer's Challenge Path has arrived, License to Adventure. Grab your golden gun and prepare to die another day.
- "Like sand in the hourglass" in the first January 4, 2017, update is a reference to the soap opera Days of Our Lives.
- "I wouldn't say it's missing, Bob" in the second January 4, 2017, update is a reference to the 1999 film Office Space.
- The May 14, 2017, update references two James Bond films: The Man with the Golden Gun and Die Another Day.
|History of Loathing||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017|