History of Loathing (2015)
These pages shall contain the history of the Kingdom of Loathing.
For an annotated list of changes to the game, see Changes.
|Table of contents|
|2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019|
January 01, 2015
- CDM checked some boxes, so a few seasons 17 PvP minis show their split hardcore/softcore scores now.
- If you're in a position where you need to find the Foodie Giant's room, the Foodie Giant's room is now much easier to find.
- Resting in Chateau Pesci should now properly remove Beaten-Up.
- A detailed list of all recent ascensions is now available in the Museum.
- "Most Ascensions" and "Most Hardcore Ascensions" leaderboards can now be found on the Statistics plinth in the Museum. Plinth.
January 02, 2015
- Congratulations to Ezandora for finishing the first run of the new ascension season. 2 days, 547 turns. Fast!
- Bugbear Invasion runs should no longer make you do the new tower after you finish the mothership. I think. Maybe.
- The Protector Spurt is now a lot more bossy. (In terms of his murder giving you PvP benefit.)
- Jarlsberg should get his proper final fight now, Dad is now a boss for PvP murdering, Fisting the Wall of Skin is now easier, ice steins now count for PvP, and so on.
January 05, 2015
- Tonight's rollover will be slightly longer than usual -- we're gonna try to do some stuff to fix the stupid lag.
January 06, 2015
- A handful of potions have been removed from the juice bar at the Chateau. Sorry, James (and all other spaders)!
January 13, 2015
- When I said the Familiars of the Year would be out on the 12th I obviously meant the 14th. -Jick
January 14, 2015
January 15, 2015
- Rapid prototyping can now be done with 0 turns left; Frank no longer resets your ignore list; Recalling Skills has been recalled.
January 16, 2015
- You should now be able to spelunk even spelunking makes you drunk. Also if using the book leaves you with zero adventures.
- For a reason that makes a TON of sense, people on Bees Hate You runs are no longer afraid of beehives. Or electric boning knives.
January 17, 2015
- Bad Moon runs are now listed as such on the Recent Ascensions list.
- The Ascension leaderboards now show only the best run from a given player on a given board.
January 19, 2015
- There are now some trophies associated with the Familiar-of-the-Year Spelunking stuff.
January 20, 2015
January 21, 2015
- You no longer need to go to the pirate ship to use the volcano island map. This means the pirates are not important anymore.
January 30, 2015
- The Red Zeppelin ticket can now be purchased with Meat if Meat is what you have instead of diamonds.
- February's Item-of-the-Month will debut at some point during the day on Monday, February 2.
February 02, 2015
February 04, 2015
- The recent uncharacteristic generosity of the Great Turtle Spirits was the result of a bug, and it has been fixed.
- Those darn water striders should no longer stand between you and the oasis.
February 06, 2015
- A secret bug has been fixed in the Spelunking minigame. Shhhhhh.
- Uncle P's, the Armory and Leggery, the Meatsmith and the Knob Dispensary have been migrated to the new store interface.
February 07, 2015
- All NPC stores have now been migrated over to the new shop interface. Please let us know if anything drops while you shop.
February 08, 2015
- Spleen items are now A Thing internally. As such, their descriptions will now be more descriptive.
- Items that restore HP now show how much they restore in their descriptions. Except the ones I inevitably forgot about.
- That thing that became true of HP restoring items earlier today is now true of MP restoring items too. It's Busywork Sunday.
February 09, 2015
- The Armory and Leggery just got a new shipment of utensils for all the wizardy types.
February 11, 2015
- Spooky wads, watered-down red minotaurs, and ectoplasmic pastes have been returned to their pre-weekend states.
February 12, 2015
- So that we can get back on schedule, we're making the Twitch Tower available for a day starting tonight at rollover. Tell your friends.
February 14, 2015
- Happy Valen -- I mean New Avatar Path Day. Have you always wanted to be Ed the Undying? Well rejoice, 'cause now you can be!
February 16, 2015
- Jick was a guest on the most recent episode of Abject Suffering!
February 19, 2015
- Jick was also a guest on the most recent episode of Watch Out For Fireballs, talkin' about Star Control 2!
- CDM has been nerfing Ed all day. You can't lash/pickpocket/whatnot over and over and mutagen spray no longer works multiple times.
February 20, 2015
- In further nerfs - Ed can no longer use BRICKOs or enter clan dungeons. Also, there's a questlog and tracker for his epilogue quest.
February 23, 2015
- Leveling up as Ed now unlocks servant imbumentations when you run out of skills to buy and initial skills/ed points are now an ascension history mouseover.
February 24, 2015
- The Meatsmith has a new quest for low level Adventurepersons. It takes place in a cool skeleton zone.
February 26, 2015
February 27, 2015
- For the 38th consecutive year, Jick has forgotten how few days are in February. March's Item-of-the-Month will come out on the 2nd.
March 2, 2015
- March's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store. It's a sweet sweet hat for a sweet sweet mummy.
March 3, 2015
- Ed's crown now makes you look like Ed even if you aren't Ed.
March 11, 2015
March 16, 2015
- Wizard-in-residence CDMoyer is going to be on the next KoL podcast. Why not ask him a question or submit to him a comment using the podcast questions form on the Community page once you're logged in? No reason at all, that's why not.
March 31, 2015
- The store link on the main map for Oyster Egg Day is no longer stupid and broken and dumb.
- April's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store. We're going to Dinseyland!
April 02, 2015
- The game's most glaring problem has been fixed: The Talisman o' Nam is now called the Talisman o' Namsilat.
April 03, 2015
- You can now temporarily disable Lovebugs, if you want to do that for some reason. Options -> Combat is where it's at.
April 04, 2015
- Gaaaaaah. I fixed the idiotic bug that was making the garbage sticker give 100x as much Meat as intended. I am the dumbest.
- We are aware of the problems with the KoL forums and we are thinking about planning on figuring out a solution.
April 07, 2015
- It's Tuesday! You can now choose any food/booze you've consumed to show up as your favorite when others look at you.
If it is the food/booze you've consumed the most of, the quantity will be displayed as a mark of your commitment to whatever weird thing you wanted as your favorite food or booze.
- The first encounter at the Copperhead Club now allows you to leave before talking to Shen.
April 08, 2015
- It is possible that swamp honey actually does something now.
April 10, 2015
- Evil eyes can now be multi-used, thanks to our good friend the famed architect I. M. Pei.
April 12, 2015
- The forums are back up, in the cloud and faster than ever.
Thanks for your patience with and/or ignorance the downtime.
April 14, 2015
- Happy Tuesday! Dinseylandfill's Cryo-Stasis facility is now available for you to... go into it and fight a boss and get cool items.
April 21, 2015
- Tuesday is here! Doc Galaktik's got a brand new bag, and in that bag is a quest that unlocks another new low-level zone.
April 22, 2015
- Doc's herbs should stop dropping once you've finished his quest now. If you've got extras, go say hello to Doc and they'll vanish.
April 28, 2015
- Welcome to Tuesday. A bunch of new inventory sorting options have been added, and spleen items have their own section now.
April 30, 2015
- May's IoTM, the portable Mayo Clinic, is now available in Mr. Store. (PS. Mayo is gross.)
May 04, 2015
- Happy Martes, Cinco de Mayo. Have some more gross crap!
May 06, 2015
- The bear verb orgy mini will now only count one time per ascension and the mobile hamburger menu now links to crafting. Unrelated updates.
May 07, 2015
- Mayoflex no longer adds an Adventure to foods that give 0 Adventures. Sorry. It was causing too many goofy edge-case problems.
May 13, 2015
- Did you know that yesterday was Two-Tuesday Tuesday? For today, this week's second Tuesday, combat items now have blue text explaining what they do!
Please let us know via bug report if I missed anything.
May 14, 2015
- The Summer 2015 Challenge Path has arrived -- your chance to be John Cusack in "One Crazy Random Summer!"
May 18, 2015
- The museum leaderboards for One Crazy Random Summer now do all the things they're supposed to do.
May 19, 2015
- Tuesday has come. Did you bring your 69 additional top menu icons? No? That's okay, we've got you covered.
- Untouchable monsters in One Crazy Random Summer are now slightly less obnoxious.
- One Crazy Random Summer monsters can now be wet, hot and/or American.
May 26, 2015
- Another Tuesday, another 11 possible monster modifiers for One Crazy Random Summer.
- The mouseover text on the One Crazy Random Summer icon in your ascension history now includes that run's Fun score.
May 29, 2015
- Annoying One Crazy Random Summer monsters now get less annoying over time.
- Amazon, in its infinite wisdom, has discontinued the payment service we used to use and we have replaced it with their new one, which is similar but slightly less convenient for us and for donators. Enjoy that, I guess!
P. S. Subscriptions were already using the new system, and are thus unaffected.
May 31, 2015
- June's Item-of-the-Month will be released one day. Late.
June 01, 2015
- The keys that the junksprites in the old landfill drop will now respond to +item effects and familiars.
- Players in One Crazy Random Summer runs can now vacation at the bottom of the ocean. Thanks, Ieoh Ming!
- June's Item-of-the-Month, the Puck Man, is now available in Mr. Store.
June 02, 2015
- Hello, Tuesday People. There's a new quest to get your class's Epic Weapon, and the Misspelled Cemetery has gotten a haircut.
June 09, 2015
- Because it's Tuesday, Monster Manuel has decided to grant access to over thirty more new avatar-changing potions.
June 10, 2015
- The crappy waiter disguise from the Copperhead Club now gives you 5 turns of crappy disguise instead of 1.
June 15, 2015
- Our friend Puck Man has been given a little mid-month boost. Changes include:
- Several new items can be made with yellow pixels!
- Power pills now drop directly from the familiar instead of coming from the Mystic.
- The familiar now restores HP and MP after combat like a ghuol whelp.
June 16, 2015
- Happy Tuesday! Jewelrycrafting no longer costs Adventures, because Jewelrycrafting no longer exists.
All former jewelrycrafting recipes are now meat-pasting recipes. The pliers from Little Canadia are still required to make them, and the ones that required the Really Expensive Jewelrycrafting skill still require it.
- Floaty rock necklaces can now be untinkered.
June 23, 2015
- This Tuesday has brought with it a new quest and a new zone. See the Armorer and Leggerer for pie-related details.
June 29, 2015
- Due to travel schedules, sunspots, and poor planning by Jick, July's Item of the Month will be a few days late.
July 01, 2015
- Hey San Diego KoL people! Jick and HotStuff are having an informal Video Games Hot Dog meetup tonight at the confusingly-named Neighborhood bar/restaurant (777 G. St.) and the more, as they say, the merrier. Tonight! 8PM!
July 02, 2015
- Delicious salad can now be used in any path from now until the end of the time. It is evergreen. It is glorious. All hail delicious salad.
July 03, 2015
July 05, 2015
- Deciding not to cheat at cards no longer takes an Adventure. Non-cheaters never DON'T prosper.
July 07, 2015
- Welcome to Tuesday. The Wok of Ages is now no longer a thing, and all of the recipes that required it are now just normal recipes.
All of the chow mein dishes have been turned into other things entirely.
July 08, 2015
- Pixel coins are now multi-usable.
July 14, 2015
- It's next Tuesday already! Some new pasta ingredients have been added to the Cyrpt, the Highlands, and the Icy Peak.
- Saucemaven has been made less effective. Sorry. I messed up when I made it. It was just too good. -XOXO, Jick
- The wok lobster should now be cookable for people for whom it randomly wasn't cookable before. Wokka wokka.
July 21, 2015
- It's Tuesday, so now you can mouse over items in inventory to get inline descriptions. Web 4.0, here we come!
July 28, 2015
- Happy Tuesday! Some more new pasta / sauce dishes have been added in level 6 and 10 areas.
July 31, 2015
- SURPRISE! August's Item-of-the-Month is going to be late. It will probably be ready Monday during the day.
August 03, 2015
- August's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store. It's a new airplane charter that unlocks That 70s Volcano! It contains at least 1,970 units of stuff: New monsters and bosses, new items, new crafting recipes!
See more details here!
August 05, 2015
- Oh right. It was Tuesday yesterday. Riff wrote a bunch of new Manuel factoids for really old monsters.
August 06, 2015
- You no longer have to count to three in your head when using fingernail clippers in Dr. Weirdeaux's mansion.
- The second floor of the disco should no longer light your tongue on fire, doo doo doo doo doo.
August 07, 2015
- The Deck of Every Card can now be used while falling-down drunk. The player assumes all risk associated with drunk drawing.
- The painting in Chateau Mantegna can now be interacted with while drunk. The management requests... appropriate interactions only.
August 11, 2015
- Tuesday is here! 3 new level 11 sauce pasta dishes! Also, the quality and recipes for hi mein dishes have been changed.
August 14, 2015
- The new challenge path is here, the new challenge path is here! Sign up for a lifetime of Community Service in Valhalla.
August 16, 2015
- Hair of the Fish now only counts previous-day drunkenness up to 15 if you're in Ronin or Hardcore when you use it.
August 18, 2015
- It's Tuesday, and the cave they found your Nemesis hiding in is a little different than the cave it used to be hiding in!
August 25, 2015
- Interested in a Kingdom of Loathing mobile app? Take this survey and let us know what you want out of it!
- It's Tuesday, and the Barrel Full of Barrels has gotten a barrel-lift! More changes are in store!
August 31, 2015
- September's Item-of-the-Month needs another day or two of testing. It will probably become available mid-day on Wednesday.
September 02, 2015
- September's Item-of-the-Month, a shrine to the Barrel god, is now available in Mr. Store. Barrels of fun! See details here!
September 08, 2015
- It's Tuesday, and the Barrel Full of Barrels has undergone a bit more tweaking. Now with 1,000,000% more clovers!
September 24, 2015
- Thursday is the new Tuesday, and item descriptions for potions that show the blue text for what their effects do are the new item descriptions for potions that don't.
September 29, 2015
- Fixed some dumb bugs with the helmet and torch in the Spelunking minigame.
September 30, 2015
- October's Item-of-the-Month is just... too spooky to be released on time. Couple days late. Jick is sorry. And scared.
October 05, 2015
- October's Item-of-the-Month, the haunted doghouse with its attendant Hallowiener Dog, is now available in Mr. Store!
- A new animal has been added to the Crown of Ed. Congratulations to Clopedion for solving HotStuff's fiendish cartouche puzzle!
October 06, 2015
- You can now ask the Barrel god to stop giving you so many gosh-darned barrels already.
- The Hallowiener Dog no longer gives you Muscle, Muscle and Muscle when it gives stats. It now gives Moxie, Moxie and Moxie.
- It's Tuesday! We've rolled out an initial version of a "daily reminders" feature on the main map. Check it out!
October 07, 2015
October 12, 2015
- It's time at last! The Time-Twitching Tower will return tonight! It'll be available until rollover on Wednesday night.
October 13, 2015
- It's Tuesday, and we've dumped another batch of avatar-changing potions in! Many are in the Twitch Tower!
October 17, 2015
- Check out these nifty KoL factoids from /r/kol denizen mintmouse!
October 28, 2015
- November's Item-of-the-Month will be released on Monday the 2nd. In general, IotMs will no longer be released during weekends.
- Electric Kool-Aid and bottles of Bloodweiser are now available for a premium price at the Terrified Eagle Inn in Dreadsylvania.
November 02, 2015
- November's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store. It's a new charter, which unlocks the frigid wastes of The Glaciest!
November 04, 2015
- Good news! We have finally managed to get a new KoL Merchandise store set up with our friends over at TopatoCo! Just in time for the holidays, I guess?
November 17, 2015
- Happy Tuesday! We've added a ton of frequently- or occasionally- or only-once-requested items to the Daily Reminders feature.
December 01, 2015
- Advent Calendars filled with delightful goodies have materialized in campsites all over the Kingdom.
In other news, December's Item-of-the-Month, the mysterious Machine Elf, is now available in Mr. Store. Click here for details!
- There's now a link to a gallery of players' abstract art in the museum. We are obviously going to need some... policies.
December 02, 2015
- Do-Not-Open-Til-Crimbo boxes are now available in the Gift Shop in Bordertown.
December 10, 2015
- Sorry about the Advent mixup. If you go back to your campsite, section 11 will unpunch itself so you can get your treat. -Jick
December 14, 2015
- Crimbo Town has once again emerged from the eldritch mists of the Big Mountains. Yule love it!
December 16, 2015
- The Quest Tracker now has a link to view your overall progress in the Crimbo event.
December 22, 2015
- For anybody who ran into the disappearing sign glitch from last night, visiting Crimbo Town will take care of your situation and allow you to get replacements.
Sorry about the screwup. -Jick
December 31, 2015
- January's Item-of-the-Month, the X-32-F Combat Snowman Crate, is now available in Mr. Store.
- The Crimbo event will continue until rollover on the night of January 3rd. Keep on proselytizin'!
- A few minutes after the original announcement on July 1, 2015, the "Tonight! 8PM!" part was added.
|History of Loathing||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019|