History of Loathing (2008)
These pages shall contain the history of the Kingdom of Loathing.
For an annotated list of changes to the game, see Changes.
|Table of contents|
|2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018|
January 03, 2008
- January's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store. Sorry about the delay.
In other, related news, Summon Snowcones, Summon Candy Hearts, and Summon Hilarious Objects are no longer considered skills, but are accessed from a bookshelf that has appeared (as if by magic) in your campsite if you had any of those skills. January's IotM also uses this new mechanic.
January 13, 2008
- Pieces of after eight should no longer cause you to explode... most of the time. Hee hee.
January 18, 2008
- Interface upgrade! Mystical Bookshelf skills have been re-added to the skills page (including Quick Skills.) Convenient!
January 21, 2008
- There's been a trivial change to the way sandcastles are constructed. No game reason, it just makes it easier for me to work with the campsite dwelling interface.
January 22, 2008
- The Traveling Trader is back in Market Square, and he's brought more inscrutable objects from Distant Lands.
- Fixed the bug that was making the Protector Spectre not physically resistant.
January 23, 2008
- Zones or stores which can only be accessed by wearing the pirate outfit will now also be accessible by only wearing pirate fledges.
- The list of things you can turn in for coins during the level 12 quest is now alphabetized. I'm REALLY stretching the limits of "trivial" here.
- CLEESHing physically resistant monsters should no longer result in a physically-resistant amphibian.
- Cans of black paint should now be multi-usable.
- The MP regeneration from the spark-plug earring should be working now.
January 28, 2008
- In order to repair the damage from a short-sighted decision made earlier in the week, the pirate fledges are now a quest item.
January 30, 2008
- You can now get rid of the Degrassi Knoll shopping list by using it after you've already built your meatcar.
January 31, 2008
- February's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store.
- There has been a slight change to the way White Citadel burgers work in Bad Moon. Propriety prohibits me from being any more specific.
February 01, 2008
- There's no longer a stupid comma inside the stupid parentheses when you use a stupid Knob Goblin firecracker.
February 02, 2008
- Golden Mr. Accessories should now be usable in Bad Moon (in the same, not-actually-impacting-gameplay way that they do in regular Hardcore.)
- The plastic pumpkin bucket should no longer behave incorrectly against physically resistant monsters (this fix will actually take effect at rollover tonight.)
- The name of your Reassembled Blackbird is now remembered across ascensions.
February 07, 2008
- Small meat pasting change: Items which can be meat pasted are now marked as such on their item description, and only items which are meat pasting components will show up in the [combine stuff] page.
- Evil golden arches are also no longer campsite items.
- The Orcish Meat locker is no longer a campsite item. The locker item (and the key, and the way in which the "puzzle" works) has been updated.
- Fixed some display weirdness with the campground bookshelf.
February 08, 2008
- This was a trivial announcement yesterday, but it probably merits a real announcement: There's been a change to the way Meat pasting works. Items that are pastable are now designated as such, and the combine screen now only shows items that have existing paste recipes. No more huge lists.
- Strange things are afoot on the open seas. The mysterious plinth has begun behaving in an even more mysterious way.
- Beanbag chairs have gotten the meat locker / evil golden arches treatment, which was the most popular program at John Harvey Kellogg's sanatorium. They now go INSIDE your dwelling, and give bonus MP when you rest.
- The NPZR will no longer steal Meat after the 10th round of combat. Nerf nerf nerf.
- There's a new item that can be made with mummy wrappings. Ashallond will presumably be super-excited.
February 11, 2008
February 13, 2008
- Happy Valentine's Day!
February 18, 2008
- Divine champagne flutes should no longer trigger on the steel margarita. In other news, all trivial updates, starting with this one, will be written by Allen Ginsberg.
- The conditional that prevents the lion oil from dropping before the bird rib has been altered such that it now only applies during your very first run through the game.
- There's another new clover adventure, this one in the Black Forest.
- There's a new clover adventure at The Oasis.
- The drop rate on the quest items in The F'c'le have been increased a bit to bring them more in line with drop rates on other quest items in other zones and other, completely different video games.
February 19, 2008
February 20, 2008
- A fourth type of PvP attack has been introduced. Where the original three stances pick three tuned stat challenges and four minigames for the PvP contest, the new "Ballyhoo" stance will pick a random buffed stat, a random raw stat, and five minigames.
February 21, 2008
February 22, 2008
- The Fly-by-Knight Heraldry form is now available in Mr. Store (two of 'em for 1 Mr. Accessory.)
It lets you give yourself (or somebody else) a Custom Title. Custom Titles can be enabled or disabled in the Account Menu.
- Drum machines are now tradable, and they will no longer work if you haven't unlocked Desert Beach yet.
February 25, 2008
February 26, 2008
- The Flea Market now has sections for HP- and MP-restoring items.
- During the level 12 quest, the "Last Adventure" container link should now send you to the specific section of the island you were in, rather than the main island page. Sorry it took me so long to figure out that this is what people were asking for.
- At least two problems with the Yellow Exclamation Points sending you to the Council when they've got nothing for you have been solved. At least one problem with the previous sentence has been ignored.
- The various duckful zones of McMillicancuddy's farm should now have links back to the island when they become duckless.
February 27, 2008
- There should now be an "Adventure again" link after you fight a topiary golem.
February 29, 2008
March 05, 2008
- In inventory, the name of an equipment slot at the top is now a link to that section of the equipment page.
- The "From" display when you open gift packages is now a proper player link. This means you can now use the right-click menu, if you've got it enabled, to quickly send a thank-you note if you want to.
March 06, 2008
March 08, 2008
- Fixed a glitch with the Weapon link in last week's trivial inventory update.
March 11, 2008
- A minor (but hopefully strategically interesting) update -- key lime pies made with the Legend keys now give you back the key you cooked into them when eaten. The digital and star equivalents give you some of the ingredients back, as well.
March 13, 2008
- Random interface upgrade time! Combat Action Bars, a shiny, graphical way to interface with combat, has been released. Go to your Account Menu to enable it. This feature will likely only work in Internet Explorer and Firefox. See this forum thread for details.
- The character pane should now update properly when you get Meat from the hippy store.
March 17, 2008
- The way that elemental resistance works has been changed a little bit. See this forum post for details.
- Internet Explorer users of the Combat Action Bar should now be able to load the old combat form.
March 18, 2008
- The Disco Bandit skill Crossbow Fever has been renamed Disco Fever, and now applies to all ranged weapons instead of just crossbows.
- Fixed a minor glitch whereby certain conditional skills that were supposed to be free were charging 1 MP.
- You can now forsake your period of Ronin and drop to a casual ascension with an option in the Account Menu.
- You now get proper access to Hagnk's after freeing the King in a Bad Moon run.
March 23, 2008
- Due to Easter, the in-game holiday Oyster has been postponed until tomorrow. This delay has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we drank a lot last night.
March 25, 2008
- Items marked as "Gift Items" can now be traded with other players using the secure trade system. Our inner hippies are crying.
In other equally gift-related news, there are three new hilarious items available for summoning from McPhee's Grimoire. For the next week, summons are guaranteed to produce at least one of the new items.
- If you try to adventure in an area of the Cyrpt that has already been undefiled, you will now get a link back to the Cyrpt.
- There's now a little magnifying glass above your campsite dwelling that will tell you what bed you've got in your dwelling.
- The server should now remember when you've removed an item from the Combat Action Bar.
March 27, 2008
March 28, 2008
- Fixed a bug that was causing the item "brick of sand" to not stun monsters the way it used to.
March 31, 2008
- April's Item-of-the-Salad is now available in Mr. Store.
- Various punctuation marks are now usable in candy hearts: , @ # $ ^ > * ' " = + - / \ & ( ) : ;
- The rewards for retrieving Yossarian's tools are now zappable into one another.
April 01, 2008
- Fixed a bug that was causing some intrinsic effects to persist through ascension.
- To avoid (or possibly cause) confusion, the Tome of Transcendent Olfaction has been renamed to the Manual of Transcendent Olfaction.
April 10, 2008
- Pastamancers get some love today. See this forum post for details.
- Accessories in your inventory are now always sorted by name, even if you've set equipment to sort by power.
April 15, 2008
- When you view a clan, people who are in Bad Moon now show "(BM)" rather than "(H)" next to them.
- Soft echo green eardrop whatevers will now appear in the list of MP restoring items list on the skills menu. Works with Quick Skills too!
- The iceberglet and its associated items now give a "squeeze again" link when you squeeze them. This is good for cases where you're in the mood for a whole lot of squeezing.
- Locked doors in the Daily Dungeon now tell you how many skeleton keys you have (if any).
- Metallic foil cat ears: You can has them.
- The summon button for the new Pastamancer stuff now tells you what kind of thing you're summoning, as well as what its name is.
April 16, 2008
- If you blow up a wand of polymorph, you can now get another one, three days later. 25 days after that, watch out for zombies.
April 17, 2008
- I made a slight change to the way black picnic baskets work. There should no longer be especially long streaks with no black pepper.
April 21, 2008
- Your list of combat usable items should now properly change when you put items in or take items out of your display case.
- Skills which you have kept across ascensions, but can't use due to being in Hardcore or Bad Moon are now viewable via a link in the character sheet.
April 22, 2008
- Disco Nap now lets you rest at your campsite once per day without using an Adventure. Disco Power Nap lets you do it twice more. Now if you'll excuse me, all of this skill-updating has made me sleepy.
- Divine champagne flutes are now usable items, which allows you to select which booze you drink with the flute. Also, divine champagne flutes are now in the Consumables / Miscellaneous section of your inventory.
April 30, 2008
- May's Item-of-the-Month will probably be a day late, as we need some additional time to make sure that it isn't a dollar short. We apologize for the delay.
May 01, 2008
May 02, 2008
- The acid-squirting flower and Psalm of Pointiness are no longer mutually exclusive. Also, the hippy protest button now actually does something.
May 15, 2008
- By popular demand, May's Item-of-the-Month has been beefed up a little bit.
May 24, 2008
May 26, 2008
- That bug I said I fixed on the 24th? Well, today I ACTUALLY fixed it.
May 30, 2008
May 31, 2008
June 02, 2008
- Pastamancers now have a much higher chance of getting their first quasi-ethereal macaroni fragments to drop in the Pantry.
- Fixed a bug in the combat action bar that made it impossible to change pages.
June 04, 2008
- The subzone issue in the Wine Cellar has finally been fixed for real. The junkyard bug is meaner, so it might still be a day or two.
June 06, 2008
- The hedge maze puzzle will no longer forget to check certain tiles for correctness, which previously allowed some players to complete the hedge maze in fewer rotations than before.
- Item descriptions for Spookyraven wine bottles can now be viewed on the (spoiler) form in the (spoiler) area of Spookyraven Manor. Bruce Wayne was unavailable for comment.
June 10, 2008
- Autoattack now works on a limited basis while you are in Bird Form. Currently only Attack with Your Weapon (beak) and Pick Pocket are implemented. Change your autoattack settings in the account menu.
June 16, 2008
- Clan leaders may now a purchase basement, and in that basement they will find Hobopolis, KoL's first multiplayer Clan Dungeon.
Tell your friends!
- In preparation for tonight's rollout of Hobopolis (KoL's first multiplayer Clan Dungeon!) a couple of new clan permissions have been added. They allow clan members of a certain rank to either adventure in or administer Clan Dungeons. Whee!
June 17, 2008
- Hobopolis loot distributions are now recorded in the clan dungeon log.
- Fixed a broken choice adventure in one of the sleazier parts of Hobopolis.
- You'll now get a notification about access to basement chat channels when you go into your clan basement.
June 18, 2008
- The clan dungeon loot distribution form now shows how many turns each eligible player spent in the dungeon.
- All campsite dwellings now have unique messages when placed. Also when replaced. Rereplacing is out of luck.
June 19, 2008
- Accordion Thief buffs limited in casts per day should no longer consume uses/day when cast on players with too many songs in their head.
- Llama gongs now show up in the "Mostly Potions" section of your inventory.
- Added a new mayfly swarm behavior for the main Hobopolis zone.
- Fixed some weirdness in the space-time continuum in the sewers. It is no longer possible to become your own grandfather.
- The loot distribution menu in clan dungeons is now sorted by the number of turns each potential recipient spent in the dungeon. Sorted descending, by magnitude of descent, if you will.
- Anyone who goes into a clan basement can now see undistributed loot, even if they don't have permission to distribute it.
June 20, 2008
June 21, 2008
- Clan dungoneers wishing to set dungeon announcements apart from idle chatter may now change the color of said announcements using the Account Menu's "Manage Chat Colors" link.
June 22, 2008
- A bug with the CLEESH skill that caused the first action against the CLEESHee to result in thumb-twiddling has been fixed.
June 23, 2008
- The familiar that can be purchased in Hobopolis now actually does something.
- Added a couple of drops for Zombo that I had forgotten to put in.
- The Staff of the Deepest Freeze can now be jiggled. Jiggle jiggle jiggle.
- You should now be able to say the name of a certain piratey yo-yo in chat without tripping an unrelated word filter. That being said, please do not drive the chat moderators insane by trying it out. Thanks.
June 24, 2008
- The image map for the main area of Hobopolis has been tweaked a bit to minimize unintentional adventuring.
June 26, 2008
- Elemental phials are now multiusable.
- Entering the chat in /hobopolis should now correctly indicate the number of players currently in the channel.
- Equipping items now gives a little more feedback than it used to.
June 27, 2008
- Pedantic hobo glyph collectors may now view in which zones they have found glyphs from the Quest Log page, even with the hobo code binder equipped.
June 30, 2008
- July's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store.
- A bunch of effect images have been changed for diversity's sake. And Pete's.
July 02, 2008
July 04, 2008
- Giant sandworms now have drops, including a cool and rare new item. He who controls it controls the universe!
- The "%miscadventuretext" bug in the description of a certain choice adventure has been fixed.
- That, uhh, thing, the one that wasn't enabled for the 4th of July this year? It's enabled now.
July 05, 2008
- A number of Hobopolis-related things are now being tracked in Clan Activity Logs.
- If you preface a line of text in your quest log notes with "reminder:" it will now show up in your Yellow Exclamation Points.
- The reminder feature added earlier today now triggers even if you have the Yellow Exclamation Points suppressed. Inch-mile for the win!
- The item introduced yesterday has been modified such that it's now possible to use it in a Boozetafarian or Teetotaler run.
- The buffs granted by new Accordion Thief skills should now be shruggable.
July 07, 2008
- The dropdown containing people who are eligible for undistributed clan loot now displays an abbreviation for the player's class.
July 08, 2008
- All bugs with the level 12 Junkyard sidequest should be fixed now. Please report any weirdness you encounter with the Junkyard and its gremlins.
- Equipment that grants intrinsics that change stats (e.g.: leather chaps) are now flapping in the breeze. I mean, working again.
- All yodeling in Hobopolis should now be properly logged.
July 09, 2008
- The game will probably be running a little slowly today because of some database cleanup stuff we're running. Thanks for your patience.
- There's a new item for sale in Gouda's Grimoire and Grocery.
- Fixed a bug that made weird blank clans show up on some of the clan leaderboards.
July 10, 2008
- Fixed some code that was causing the Sombrero formula to not round the way it was supposed to.
July 12, 2008
- The Knob Goblin King no longer shows up in his chamber after you've beaten him.
July 15, 2008
- The Traveling Trader is back once again!
- Fixed a couple of bugs with inter-zone behaviors in Hobopolis. Certain acts were far more powerful than they were supposed to be.
July 18, 2008
- Some random and not at all meaningful tectonic activity has shuffled things around in The Big Mountains.
July 23, 2008
- The new Halloween candies from yesterday are now implemented.
- Fixed a very old bug with + elemental spell damage where one type of damage was mistakenly being applied to multiple elements.
July 28, 2008
- Richard can now create multiple scarehobos at once. UPDATE SPREE!
- Rainbow Gravitation will now gray out (in supported browsers) when you have expended your daily uses of the skill.
- Grubs, moths, and ants found while in the form of a bird are now all multi-usable. Additionally, grubs and moths have been marked as HP and MP restorers and can be used from Quick Skills.
July 29, 2008
- A PDF of this year's Comic-Con Choose-Your-Own-Adventure booklet has been posted (along with last year's and the year before's) over on this page.
July 31, 2008
August 01, 2008
- The loot distribution menu in clan dungeons now has "- select a player -" as its first option. Hopefully this will cut down on accidental loot distribution without the inconvenience (and eventual irrelevance) of a confirmation box.
- Black puddings and drum machines now give the equivalent of "Adventure Again" after using one starts a fight.
- The placeholder text for Ol' Scratch's salad fork and Frosty's frosty mug has finally been replaced.
August 04, 2008
- In the spirit of friendliness and good will, we've added a way to permanently unlock the Bad Moon sign. In the spirit of the Bad Moon sign, we've opted not to tell you what it is.
August 05, 2008
- The combat action bar for Bird Form has been altered -- Pick Pocket has been moved to "–" and repeat action is now at "=".
August 06, 2008
- You can now "lock" familiar equipment which all familiars can use, forcing all your active familiars to use the locked equipment without having to unequip and re-equip it from different familiars.
August 12, 2008
- Lion oil, bird ribs, and wet stew are no longer quest items. Their drop rates have also been tweaked a little bit.
August 13, 2008
- Fixed a whole buttload of typos today. Thank you, people from the forum thread about typos!
August 19, 2008
- We've added a new chat command -- /outfit -- that lets you easily switch outfits (normal and custom.) See the (gasp) documentation for details on its use.
August 25, 2008
- Players can no longer be booted from clans while busy in a fight or choice adventure in a clan dungeon.
August 26, 2008
- There has been a small change to the way that the Accordion Thief buffs from Hobopolis work -- they are now limited to
five seven eight and a halften casts / day instead of 200 turns per day.
- The snowcone update from earlier has now also been applied to astral cupcakes. Enjoy!
- If you're having trouble keeping up with all of these trivial updates, try the new /trivial chat command! It'll recap the last 5!
- NPC and Mall stores now give you feedback on how much Meat you spent when you purchase items.
- Post-war, McMillicancuddy's farm will no longer display a (1) once you're out of ducks for the day.
- The stupid old chat (stupid) should no longer be all spamtastic in /hobopolis. Sorry about that.
- Snowcones are now multiusable, and you can now use another red one (for instance) if your tongue is already red (for instance).
August 28, 2008
August 29, 2008
- Guess what's been revamped?
Can't guess? Well, then, I'll tell you.
The Haiku Dungeon.
- The chat's repetition filter no longer affects /hobopolis.
August 31, 2008
- September's item of the month is now available in Mr. Store.
September 01, 2008
- If you try to equip a custom outfit but are missing items in the outfit, the game will now equip as much of the outfit as it can rather than doing nothing.
September 09, 2008
- A player's class now shows up on his/her profile page if he/she has a custom title. And is a hermaphrodite.
- Player class now shows up (and is sortable) in the detailed clan roster.
- Fixed a bug with band flyers continuing to show up in combat after being taken away by a promoter.
- Haiku mode should no longer suppress icicle messages in Exposure Esplanade.
- When you sing a Yuletide Troll carol for another player, the event notification now tells you which carol it was.
September 12, 2008
- Nearly-trivial update: Long skinny balloons are no longer meat-pasted together in order to sculpt things out of them. One additional sculptable item has been added.
September 13, 2008
September 18, 2008
- Creating a new account no longer fails to give feedback. Sorry that was broken for so long...
- Happy Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day!
September 19, 2008
- A handful of new Sauceror potions have been added, and all of the old ones have been given unique (and hilarious) consumption messages. Also, eyedrops are no longer taken orally.
- The skill training interface in the guild has been altered a little bit -- it now gives you the option to see skills you'll be able to train at higher levels.
September 22, 2008
- Fixed an ancient typo that was causing Disco Dance II: Electric Boogaloo to do less damage than it was supposed to.
September 24, 2008
- Crafting has had a major interface upgrade. See this forum post for juicy details.
- Really sticky and really really sticky spider webs are now combat items.
September 25, 2008
- The flap on the tent door in the Hobopolis Town Square will now display as open if it's possible for you to go into it. You might have to do some reloading to clear the old images out of your browser cache.
September 28, 2008
- The off-by-one error with the Hobopolis tent flap should be fixed now. Sorry 'bout that.
September 29, 2008
- The Quest log "Reminder:" thing now supports multiple reminders.
September 30, 2008
- October's terrifying Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store.
- The fabulous 2009 Calendar of Loathing is now available in the Store of Loathing, along with a groovy new die-cut sabre-toothed lime sticker.
- When equipping custom outfits, not being able to equip one of the items for ANY reason should no longer prevent the entire outfit from being equipped.
- Clan dungeon administrators can now use the /ann command in dungeon channels to make an announcement. It's green!
- Several additional Hobopolis events now generate chat announcements.
- The list of crafting discovery counts in the Quest Log now has bits that link to the relevant crafting discovery pages.
October 01, 2008
- The enchantments on the crazy bastard sword have been altered.
October 03, 2008
- The side alleys of Hobopolis should now behave more consistently when their respective overlords have been defeated.
October 06, 2008
- The 2008 Mr. Store Anniversary familiars are now available.
October 07, 2008
- There's a minor new item for sale in the Market in Seaside Town.
- The Captain of the Gourd now tells you how many you have of the items he's looking for, if you have any. Of the items he's looking for.
- Bounties currently assigned to you by the Bounty Hunter Hunter will now be displayed as an active quest in your Quest Log.
- The Vampire Hunter in the Distant Woods will now ignore you for ten turns if you tell him to go away.
October 08, 2008
- The new crafting interface has undergone a few tweaks and enhancements. See CDMoyer's forum post for details.
October 10, 2008
- Quest progression through all of the Defiled areas of the Cyrpt now behaves consistently. The Alcove used to be different, now all of the zones act like the Alcove.
- Tonight we've rolled out the first zone of the swam... er... new underwater content. It's available (from the main map) to players who have a means of breathing underwater. And no, a snorkel doesn't count.
Our current plan is to release a new zone down there every couple of weeks, all episodical-like.
October 12, 2008
- Fixed the issue that was making the last turn of the new fish bits effect not work properly.
October 14, 2008
- To avoid possible confusion, you're no longer explicitly told about the second adventure being taken from you when you adventure Underwater.
- Doc Galaktik's herb gathering quest will now be available from the beginning for characters who have ascended at least once.
October 15, 2008
- A bunch of groovy interface updates today. See this forum post for details.
October 17, 2008
- You will now get occasional notifications after fights if you've got the Strung-Up Quartet playing a song for you.
- Yo. All yo-yo type weapons should now have yo-yo specific attack messages.
October 20, 2008
- Much like the accidentally unannounced update to a handful of accessories on Friday, a few offhand items have had their equipment requirements changed.
October 22, 2008
- The second underwater zone is now available for your adventuring pleasure. Or displeasure, as the case may be.
October 24, 2008
- Prismatic wads are now correctly marked as Jewelrycrafting components. Hooray, new old content! Boo, testing!
November 01, 2008
- November's Item-of-the-Month is (obviously) going to be a little late. It still needs a bit of work and testing, and it'll most likely be ready to roll Monday night at rollover.
November 03, 2008
- November's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store.
Also, more interface improvements! See CDM's forum post for details.
November 04, 2008
- The Raffle House is back in business. Please note that there won't actually be a drawing tonight -- we just needed to push it out a little before rollover so as not to interfere with our important election-related drinking.
November 07, 2008
- The third underwater zone is now available. Splish, splash.
November 10, 2008
- The Hobopolis Marketplace will now stay away from you for 10 Adventures if you choose to ignore it.
November 11, 2008
- Tires in Burnbarrel Blvd. now stay ignored for 10 Adventures when you ignore them. Also, fixed a bug with the MP cost of some of the Moleform skills.
- Fixed several bugs that were causing spells to do less damage than they should've in certain situations. Thanks, pcentella!
- For normal weapon attacks that are being displayed in haiku with no numbers, you can now mouse over the picture of the weapon to see the actual damage you dealt.
- Mariachis across the Kingdom now recognize the calavera concertina as an accordion.
- Player profiles should now show when a player is in Ronin.
- The ring of half-assed regeneration no longer has a stat requirement.
November 17, 2008
- There are no longer restrictions in place that prevent you from equipping weapons with a Mysticality requirement at the same time as weapons with a Muscle requirement.
November 18, 2008
- Pastamancers now recover some MP when they eat pasta.
- The redemption prize for the haiku dungeon cereal boxtops is now implemented. Whee!
- Inventory is now split into Melee and Ranged weapons by default, and the related option has been removed from the account menu.
- We've got some crappy Crimbo cards for sale in the Store of Loathing. Also, closeout sale on Disco Bandit T-Shirts. Also, we're almost out of Feelies Packs, so act soon if you want one. Also, the deadline for guaranteed Christmas delivery is fast approaching. Also... no, I guess that was everything.
November 21, 2008
- The fourth underwater zone is up. Glub, glub.
- Fixed a bug that made the proprietors of the Gnomish Micromicrobrewery allergic to martinis.
November 23, 2008
- The sea fruits from Friday's rollout are now properly marked cocktailcraftable.
- Due to some extra maintenance that has to be performed tonight, rollover will be maybe 15 or 20 minutes longer than normal.
November 26, 2008
- For the purposes of ascension leaderboards and histories (including favorite familiar percentages), runs are now considered to have ended once you have rescued the King.
November 28, 2008
- In an effort to clean up the campsite a bit, the cheap toaster, the Certificate of Participation and Feng Shui for Big Dumb Idiots have had their functionality tweaked a little bit.
November 30, 2008
- The miscellaneous section of inventory has been altered slightly -- any quest item that is, for example, a potion type item will now be in the potion section and not the quest item section. I'm not sure if this actually changes anything or not.
- Uncle Crimbo managed to hobble into everybody's campsite last night and leave behind a little something. Also, Happy St. Sneaky Pete's Day. Also, December's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store. Sheesh.
December 04, 2008
- There's some new underwater content. Check the old underwater content for clues.
December 07, 2008
- It's that time of year again! Crimbo Town has once again opened its doors to the adventuring public, and wouldn't you know it -- there's trouble brewing!
December 10, 2008
- In an effort to combat Crimbo lag, we've made some changes to the way using and equipping items from your inventory work. It was kind of a rush job, so there are a few little quirks we're not totally happy with. We'll work on those after the Crimbo rush dies down.
We've also rolled out a new batch of chat commands, along with a revamped (and far, far more useful) macro system. See CDM's post here for details.
Also, all classes now start with a cheap combat skill -- it'll be given to you the first time you visit the main page.
December 12, 2008
- Fixed a display issue with Chester's moustache, and a problem where combat items purchased from the Mall wouldn't always show up properly during fights.
December 17, 2008
- The next underwater zone is available. See Big Brother for details. He's watching you, you know.
- The Bottle-Rocket Crossbow now works the same way in your off-hand as it does in your main hand.
December 18, 2008
- Fixed a bug that got introduced into the sushi system yesterday that was causing nigiri to take up more fullness than it should've.
- The campground has been cleaned up a little bit. No more unsightly extra column!
December 24, 2008
- Recent events in Crimbo Town have reached a conclusion. Go see Uncle Crimbo in his fallout shelter to find out more (and maybe pick up a Crimbo present, if you've been good this year.)
December 31, 2008
- Another Crimbo season has come and gone, and Crimbo Town has once again faded into the eldritch mists. Wait, no it hasn't. Huh, that's weird. Wait -- great Caesar's underpants, what in the hell is that thing? It's not human! It's not even elven! Aiiiigh!
In slightly less horrifying news, January's Item-of-the-Month is now available in Mr. Store. No, wait, that's horrifying too.
|History of Loathing||2003||2004||2005||2006||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018|