Heavy metal thunderrr guitarrr
You like smoke and lightning, this, and racing with the wind.
(In-game plural: heavy metal thunderrr guitarrrs)
|acoustic guitarrr||chrome ore|
|heavy metal thunderrr guitarrr|
You play a lightning fast Malmsteen-esque MEEDLY MEEDLY MEEDLY riff. Your opponent writhes and takes X damage. WEEDLY WEEDLY SKREEDLY
You play a song by Maiden. MAAAAIIIDEN! Your opponent sustains X damage from head-banging-induced whiplash. WEEDLY WEEDLY SKREEEOW
You smash your perfectly good guitar against <it>. If <it> thinks <it> won't take X damage, <it> has got another thing coming. WEEDLY WEEDLY SKREEEOW
Your heavy metal thunderrr guitarrr goes SKREEDLY MEEDLY MEEDLY WEEEOW SKRRRRANG for X damage. WEEDLY WEEDLY SKREEDLY SKREEEOW
- Used in obtaining Hey Deze nuts for the Pagoda Quest.
- Replaces normal Sound Effects with SKREEDLY, WEEDLY and SKREEEOW.
- On May 28, 2006, this item was changed from being a usable item to a weapon. It was initially classified as a guitar, but was then changed to an axe. Using this item from the inventory before this date yielded the following messages:
- If you had a guitar pick:
|With your pick in hand, you rock the house for a bit. Then the house steadies, and you go about your business.|
- Without a pick:
|You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't play this guitar without a pick.|
- The description is a reference to the lyrics of the Steppenwolf song "Born to Be Wild", from their 1968 album Steppenwolf: "I like smoke and lightning / Heavy metal thunder / Racin' with the wind / And the feelin' that I'm under".
- The line "You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't play this guitar without a pick" is a spoof of the common nose-picking saying: "You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose."
- "Axe" is a common slang term for an electric guitar.
- The "MEEDLY MEEDLY" hit message most likely comes from Homestar Runner. In the Strong Bad Email "guitar", Strong Bad uses the onomatopoeia "meedly meedly MEE!" to describe the sound of high-pitched "hot lixx" on a guitar.
- The hit message with "... has got another thing coming" appears to be a reference to the song "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" by heavy metal band Judas Priest.
- The line "You play a song by Maiden. MAAAAIIIDEN!" refers to the band Iron Maiden, whom fans are known to salute by yelling the nickname "Maiden".
- The hit message about smashing the guitar refers to the habit of some rock musicians, most famously The Who guitarist Pete Townshend, of destroying their guitars onstage after shows.
- That same hit message also references the John Hiatt song "Perfectly Good Guitar", which contains the lyrics: "I don't know who they think they are / smashing a perfectly good guitar."
- "Malmsteen-esque" refers to Yngwie Malmsteen, a well-known Swedish heavy-metal guitarist.
|TOP 10 heavy metal thunderrr guitarrr collections|
6. whizky - 1337 | 7. Phillllllllll - 1337 | 8. Zob Rombie - 987 | 9. Saiyansooner - 668 | 10. Young Nastyman - 666
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings