And a good bartender, too
She is the message.
Makes you faster, increases stat gains after combat
Extracts spiritual spirits from your foes
|Ultimate Cage Match||Scavenger Hunt||Obstacle Course||Hide and Seek|
- Regular messages
- Before combat
- <name> says, "I sense an incoming attack!" You leap into battle a couple of seconds before you had planned to.
- As it leaps at you, <name> shoves you out of the way, readying you to make the first strike.
- <name> stares at your opponent and says, "its aurae indicates an imminent attack!"
- It attacks you, but <name> has already nudged you out of the way, so you get the first strike.
- <name> had a vision of how this fight goes, and tells you how to avoid getting hit before you can hit first.
- After combat
- <name> smiles mistily at you. "The stars augur good fortune for you," she says.
- <name> gazes deep into your eyes. "In a past life, you were the <title> of <place>," she says, smiling widely.
- <name> studies the palm of your hand (as opposed to the palm of your knee). "Your spirit animal is the <animal>," she says, smiling.
- <name> studies the bumps on your head. "You are an old soul with a kind spirit," she says, "and in a past life you were allergic to <vegetable>." She smiles as you try to figure out what that has to do with anything.
- <name> reads your palm and smiles delightedly. "In a past life, you were my beloved pet <animal>, <pet's name>!" she says.
- <name> looks at you intently. "You have a lovely <color> aura. That's unusual for an adventurer," she says, smiling.
- <name> studies your aura. "Your aura has flecks of <metal> in it," she says, smiling widely. "That means you're destined for greatness."
- <name> reads your tea leaves and looks up, horrified. "You must never try <activity>!" she shouts, then calms down and smiles. "Otherwise, you'll be fine."
- <name> studies the lines on your <part>. "You have lived <number> lives before this one, am I right?" she says. She's smiling so widely that you can't bear to correct her.
- <name> studies the lines on your <part>. "I see that you are a karmic hero, destined to live again and again to set right the wrongs of this land. That's so cool!" She smiles kindly at you, eyes twinkling.
- <name> peers into your eyes. "In a past life, you broke your <part> falling out of a tree. That explains why you hate trees so much in this life," she says, smiling warmly.
- <name> studies the lines on your <part>. "I see you are destined to unite the <number> shards of the <jewel> <animal>! No hurry, though," she says, smiling.
- Aura changes to blue
- <name> waves her fingers in front of her face and her aura glows blue. "Yes, the spirit is strong in this place," she says.
- A flickering blue aura appears around <name> and she begins to sway. "The stars are aligning and the spirits are strong in this place," she says.
- A blue aura appears around <name> and she smiles dreamily. "I sense a strong spirit in this place," she says.
- <name> rolls her eyes back in her head and her aura glows blue. "I sense a spirit that wishes to communicate!" she says.
- <name> says, "I sense a spirit in this place that yearns to be free, and then imbibed," and her aura glows blue.
- Aura changes to orange
- <name> presses her fingers to her temples, and her aura changes from blue to orange. "There is a spirit here that must be imbibed!" she moans.
- The blue aura around <name> changes to orange. She presses her palms together tightly and murmurs, "yes, I hear you, spirit. We shall extract and imbibe you, as is your wish."
- <name> lights a stick of sage and her aura changes from blue to orange. "There is a strong possibility that a strong spirit resides in this place!" she says, almost in a trance.
- The aura around <name> changes from blue to orange and she begins to tremble. "The spirits in this place request an audience!" she whispers.
- <name> mutters under her breath, her aura changing from blue to orange. You ask if there's a spirit here that yearns to be imbibed, but she doesn't seem to hear you.
- Aura changes to red
- <name> shakes like a leaf on the wind as her aura changes from orange to a deep, angry red. "The spirits in this place cry out for justice! And also to be imbibed!" she shrieks.
- <name> levitates a few feet off of the ground, her aura changing from orange to a violent red. "FREE ME!" she shouts, then looks confused. "Did I just say something?" she says.
- <name> drops to the ground and twitches, her aura changing from orange to red. She stands up and looks at you, dazed. "The spirit . . . the spirit is incredibly strong here," she says.
- <name> squeezes her eyes shut and shudders as her aura changes from orange to red. "We must release the spirits in this place!" she shouts. "They will make amazing cocktails!"
- The orange aura around <name> changes to a deep red. "The spirits in this place are almost too strong for me to bear!" she yells.
- Before combat
- Enthroned in the Crown of Thrones:
- <name> says, "I sense an unexpected windfall in your near future!" and hands you some meat.
|You gain 5-15 Meat.|
- Bjornified in the Buddy Bjorn:
- "Ah yes!" <name> says, "This meat was right where I predicted it would be!" She then hands you some meat.
|You gain 5-15 Meat.|
- With lucky Tam O'Shanter equipped:
- <name> winks with her third eye under the Tam O'Shanter.
- With miniature gravy-covered maypole equipped:
- <name> does the Metaphysical Slide around the Maypole.
- With wax lips equipped:
- <name> smiles mystically (and mistily) under the Wax Lips
- When entered in an Ultimate Cage Match:
- Happy Mediums (Media?) aren't in any hurry to create vengeful ghosts.
- A message appears at the beginning of combat if the player wins an initiative roll that they otherwise would have lost without the Medium's initiative boost.
- Combat messages that use <number> can potentially become ungrammatical. For example, "You have lived one lives before this one, am I right?"
- An "orphan" can be listed as your spirit animal, or as one of the Medium's pets. Your spirit animal might also be a puppy or a kitten.
- Your aura may be flecked with liverwurst, and your allergy may be porkchop.
- Allergies include olive and pumpkin, which could be interpreted as meaning the colors "olive" and "pumpkin", as well as the vegetables.
- The Medium warns you to avoid many sports and other potentially harmful activities... but also seemingly benign activities like knitting, novel-writing, and, most alarmingly, sleeping. (Plus "synchronized sleeping" and "extreme sleeping.")
- The image of the Medium in the left pane changes according to her aura:
- The Medium's image is not changed in the character sheet, or in the terrarium, or in the haiku popup window.
- When her aura is charged, she grants the combat skill Siphon Spirits, which lets you create booze.
- The Medium's aura color can be detected in Combat Macros by use of the happymediumglow predicate.
- Charging her aura requires N+3 combat victories for each color change, where N is the number of times the skill Siphon Spirits has been cast for the day. The end of the combat where you Siphon Spirits contributes toward the next blue aura change. The table below illustrates this:
|Times Siphoned today||To blue aura(*)||To orange aura||To red aura||Total kills for red aura|
(*) Blue aura charging time, including the combat where Siphoning occurred.
- The arena cage-match message makes light of media being the proper plural of medium, when referring to communication medium, while mediums is appropriate when it is a size reference.
- The last line of description refers to Marshall McLuhan's quote: "The medium is the message."
- Some of the activities include: blernsball, Hunt the Monopod, hyperball, murderball, rollerball and thunderball.
- Pets' names include: Bowser, Knuckles, Indiana and Hobbes.
- Since "tiger" is one of the available animals, it makes the pet named Hobbes joke more obvious