Remember way back when you created your character, and you chose a girl or a guy? Perhaps you wondered what difference it would make. For the most part, it doesn't, but there are some things that can only be done by one gender.
- The Great Tit's Blessing has an additional +5% Moxie enchantment for females.
- Females double the benefit of the effect Mysteriously Handsome, receiving +6 to Monster Level.
- Vinyl boots have a +15% Moxie enchantment for females.
- The loathing eagle baby-doll shirt reportedly only drops for females.
- Only females could get the What Would You Do For Some Worthless Crap adventures until SSPD X.
- Vinyl boots have a -15% Moxie enchantment for males.
- Males lose 3 Beefiness for eating a ghuol egg quiche.
- The stylish swimsuit has an additional +10 Sleaze Damage enchantment for males.
- Depending on your character's gender, most outfits look slightly different.
- In The Shore, Inc., the gingham blouse and coconut bikini top shirts only dropped for females and the rhinestone cowboy and floral print shirts only dropped for males.
- The items created from meatsmithing with a skirt / kilt kit are different between genders (males make kilts and females make skirts), except for the grass skirt, where even males make a skirt (Innabox will only smith skirts).
- The Put on the Smooth Moves trial in Fernswarthy's Basement will give you an opposite-sex encounter.
- You will meet an opposite-sex clingy pirate in the F'c'le.
- The Spirit of New Wave, Arthur Finn, and Little Brother will address you differently, depending on your gender.
- A Girl in a Black Dress will assume you have an opposite-sex love interest.
- The Series of Fortunate Events, Return of the Dishwasher and Test of Testarrrsterone adventures differ slightly between genders.
- In one of the messages for using a Moxie skill in KOLHS, you make a teacher of the opposite gender swoon.
- It is possible to switch genders when ascending.
- There is an adventure in The Sleazy Back Alley that changes your gender.
- There is a trophy associated with switching genders.
- There are some gender-related things in the Kingdom of Loathing that are not affected by your character's gender:
- The Calendar of Loathing comes in a girls and boys edition.
- The Mr. Store item Ms. Accessory is an accessory that's just as powerful as a Mr. Accessory, but much, much prettier. You cannot trade it for any other items at Mr. Store, though.
- Gender does not affect which Dreadsylvanians give you kisses in said Clan Dungeon, which is duly noted by the description of the event.