G-Lover is the Summer 2018 special challenge path, introduced on May 15, 2018. Players may select this path in Valhalla, instead of a dietary challenge path. Its description in The Bureau of Reincarnation reads, "You love 'G'! Any item, effect or skill without a 'G' in it just doesn't do anything for you."
- Items, effects, skills, and familiars without the letter "G" in their name can not be used.
- You can not use G-less items from inventory. Trying gives the message:
- You are too in love with G to use that item right now.
- Note this prohibition only bans direct item use. For example, ten-leaf clovers will still trigger clover adventures.
- You can not use G-less combat items.
- You may wear G-less equipment, but standardized enchantments on such equipment do not function.
- Hardcoded and quest-related attributes of equipment and outfits (such as allowing access to zones) still function.
- G-less effects do not grant their standardized enchantments.
- Quest-related effect checks still function normally. For example, having Thrice-Cursed still allows access to the Thrice-Cursed Penthouse, but the effect does not inflict its stat-reduction enchantment.
- G-less combat and non-combat skills are unavailable. Trying gives the message:
- That skill has no G in it, you decided to pass for now.
- However, passive skills appear to function normally.
- You can not select familiars that lack a "G" in their type name. Trying gives the message:
- You love G too much to adventure with that familiar.
- Standard restrictions apply while G-Lover is the current challenge path. These restrictions will be lifted on August 15, 2018.
- Your adventure begins with You Love Gs.
- You begin your run with 3 Gs, which are quest items that can purchase items from G-Mart.
- You gain 1 G for each completed Normal G-Lover ascension and 2 Gs for each completed Hardcore G-Lover ascension, capped at 8 for a total of 11 Gs.
- Being unable to use G-less items requires taking several detours throughout the ascension.
You force yourself to use this G-less item and then beat yourself up over it.
- A select few items without the letter "G" can be used, in order to make finishing the ascension possible:
- For the Cobb's Knob map and both books, you will get the following message:
- Note, the enchanted bean can not be used from inventory. It can only be planted by clicking on the giant pile of coffee grounds.
- Finishing a G-Lover run that began while it was still the current special challenge path -- that is, between May 15th, 2018, and August 15th, 2018 -- gives players 100 (in Hardcore) or 50 (in Normal) extra karma points the next time they visit Valhalla.
- Finishing a G-Lover run that began while it was still the current special challenge path -- that is, between May 15th, 2018, and August 15th, 2018 -- rewards players with a Garland of Greatness.
- Players will receive a Thwaitgold chigger statuette each time they complete a run.