During battle, when you attack simply with your weapon – that is, without using a skill – you have a 1 in 22 chance of fumbling. When you fumble, you deal some damage to yourself. You can do anything from 1 damage up to 10% of the combined power of your equipped weapons.
- With one weapon equipped:
- With two weapons equipped:
- With no weapons equipped:
Monsters can fumble too -- but a monster fumble doesn't cause it any damage; it just fails to hit when it otherwise could have. Monster fumbles, like monster critical hits, occur with a 6% chance per round.
Some time on or around May 15th, 2015, monster fumbles became explicitly stated, as with monster critical hits.
- Fumbles defy most laws of physics, but they don't happen more frequently when one has a greater level of drunkenness.
- With the Clockwork Apparatus equipped, fumbles are changed to have beneficial effects such as healing you or damaging your opponent.