Were you looking for the effect of the same name?
|Locations||Exposure Esplanade: Bumpity Bump Bump|
You pick up the hat and place it gingerly on top of the snowman's head. There must've been some magic in it, because as soon as it comes to rest, the snowman comes to life and knocks you ass over teakettle with a big plank of wood.
You get up, brush yourself off, do that Bruce Lee thing with your nose, and prepare to lay down the law. The law against knocking you down. That you just passed.
He smacks you upside the <nipple> with the flat side of his nailbat. It sort of makes you wish you had an icepack. Argh! Ow! Ugh!
He makes a snowball out of part of his torso and throws it at your <lower back>. Hey, if you could get him to do that, like, a thousand more times, you wouldn't have to finish the fight! Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
He stabs you in the <head> with his carrot while smacking your <arm> with his nailbat and crushing your <kidney> with his massive, snowy torso. You had no idea he was so flexible! Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
He swings his big-ass nailbat at you, but you dodge it without batting a nail. I mean... an eye.
He throws a snowball at you, but you swan behind an ice sculpture of a duck. Er, you know what I meant.
A sudden gust of wind blows Frosty's hat off, rendering him motionless. Then another gust of wind blows it back on, so it's kind of a wash. (FUMBLE!)
The winds swirling around Frosty chill you to the bone.
|You acquire an item: Benetton's Medley of Diversity (???% chance)*|
|You acquire some Frosty's frosty mugs|
|An item drops: Frosty's carrot|
|An item drops: Frosty's nailbat|
|An item drops: Frosty's old silk hat|
|An item drops: Frosty's arm (20% chance)*|
|An item drops: Frosty's iceball (20% chance)*|
|An item drops: Frosty's snowball sack (20% chance)*|
|You acquire a clan trophy:||Evil Snowman Heart|
Occurs at Exposure Esplanade.
- Frosty is nearly immune to everything, taking only 3 damage from Hot and Spooky sources, and 1 damage from all other damage sources. The trick is to hit him with multiple sources of physical and elemental damage, doing enough damage each round to kill him before exceeding the combat round limit. Using a mechanic with Prismatic Damage helps, as well as adding Passive Damage defenses, a combat familiar like the Warbear Drone, and/or attacks that hit multiple times each round, such as Ravioli Shurikens.
- Throwing continuous damage items at the beginning of combat with Frosty is a very good idea. Some continuous damage items include:
- Passive damage buffs like the Frigidalmatian, Boner Battallion or Permanent Halloween are advisable.
- The d8 is a cheap combat item that produces prismatic damage, and so can be helpful to those with Ambidextrous Funkslinging.
- With these other hints, you should be able to use a fairy for more mug drops. But if for some reason you still can't beat him, use a Warbear Drone for your familiar.
- Additional Monster Level should be avoided in this fight, since extra HP is the last thing you want Frosty to have.
- Frosty also has an aura that does cold damage every round:
- Hobopolis bosses are immune to effects which would cause him to be unable to act over multiple rounds, such as entangling noodles, chloroform rags, and Richard's Grenades.
- The number of Frosty's frosty mugs dropped increases with item drop bonuses at 1 for 100%. That is, you will receive floor(item/100) mugs.
- Frosty will always drop exactly 1 piece of his outfit.
- The other 3 drops have a 20% chance of dropping, unaffected by +item.
- If you STILL can't kill Frosty after all this advice, equipping some Space Trip safety headphones or a HOA regulation book will reduce his monster level, and thus his max hp, by 100 each.
- This monster cannot be copied.