You have the body and birdbrain of a bird. Let me de-vaugue-ify that for you: you're one of those vicious predator birds, not one that sits on pirate's shoulders and talks nonsense about money.
I hope you enjoy your bird freedom, because this bird you cannot change.
You're a Bird
- Selecting the Bird is the Word choice in The Gong Has Been Bung, triggered by using a llama lama gong (15 Adventures)
- Replaces combat skills with bird attacks
- After combat, bird-related items can drop
- Prevents the use of Combat Items
- Changes the player's avatar to
|Attack with your Beak||0 MP||Normal attack|
|Get a You-Eye View||30 MP||+50% bird-related item drops|
|Vicious Talon Slash||5 MP||Deals damage equal to 75%-85% of buffed muscle|
|All-You-Can-Beat Wing Buffet||10 MP||Delevels √(buffed moxie)|
|Look For Shiny Objects||0 MP||Duplicates pickpocket|
Bird-Related Item Drops
After any won combat, players in bird form may find special items, usable only while in bird form. Only one may drop in a combat, and they have a base drop rate of 50%, but are unaffected by normal item drop modifiers.
|delicious shimmering moth||Recovers 30-40 MP|
|interesting-looking twig||Use 100 to create house of twigs and spit|
|plump juicy grub||Heals 90-100 HP|
Elemental Insects, Skills and Feather Rewards
After fighting elementally aligned monsters, players have a chance to find an elemental insect instead of a twig, grub or moth. Elemental insects drop in place of other drops 75% of times (so after 37.5% of eligible combats). Using an elemental insect while in bird form allows one use of the corresponding elemental combat skill. Any charges of a skill left when bird form wears off do not carry over for future use. Based on which combat skills you used, you may receive one of the following feathers from the Welcome Back! adventure. Even if you qualify for multiple rewards, you will only get one feather for each birdform session. With the exception of the glimmering roc feather, all rewards give 20 turns of an effect and cost 1 spleen.
|Stench monsters||delicious stinkbug||The Statue Treatment
|glimmering buzzard feather||Carrion' On|
+60% Meat from Monsters
|Sleaze monsters||tasty louse||Give Your Opponent "The Bird"
|glimmering great tit feather||The Great Tit's Blessing|
+20 to Monster Level
|Cold monsters||scrumptious ice ant||Antarctic Flap
|glimmering penguin feather||Antarctic Memories|
Recovers 40 HP and MP after a battle
|Hot monsters||delectable fire ant||Rise From Your Ashes
|glimmering phoenix feather||Phoenix, Right?|
+6 Stats per Fight
|Spooky monsters||yummy death watch beetle||Feast on Carrion
|glimmering raven feather||Melancholy Burden|
+60% Items from Monsters
|-||-||Vicious Talon Slash
All-You-Can-Beat Wing Buffet
|glimmering roc feather|
- The bird form ability "Look For Shiny Objects" allows the player to use Pickpocket. This allows access to pickpocket-only items (like frigid mote) to non-Moxie classes. Moxie classes have access to their existing pickpocket ability instead, which will trigger same combat text as "look for shiny Objects" which does not appear in the skills list or combat action bar for Moxie classes.
- This effect cannot be removed with a soft green echo eyedrop antidote.
- Rollover does not reset the number of skill uses required for a reward.
- When a skill is blocked, it is not counted towards the number of skill used. If an elemental skill is blocked by The Bonerdagon it will not consume a charge gained by using the elemental insects.
- While most normal skills are blocked, skills from equipped items such as Creepy Grin can still be used.
- Birdform drops can occur after using the skill Release the Boots.
- You need at least one adventure remaining to receive your reward.
- If you qualify for multiple rewards, how the game determines which one you receive is not yet spaded.
- The name of this effect is a reference to the Wonder Twins, Zan and Jaina, who have the ability to shape-shift. When doing so, they say, "Wonder Twin powers, activate! Form of..." and each then states the shape they are assuming.
- The line "this bird you cannot change" in the description is a quote from the Lynyrd Skynyrd song "Free Bird".