| This page is in need of content.
There are many possible enchantments. In the list below, the characters not in blue are used to denote various options in a particular enchantment. +X(%) means that an a value could be a static value of +X or a percent value like +X%. (X|Y) Z means (X or Y) Z, which can be read as being XZ or YZ. Brackets enclose a large list of similar choices.
- 1 Stat Boosting
- 2 HP and MP
- 3 Items/Meat
- 4 Increasing Stat Gain
- 5 Modifying Damage Dealt
- 6 Modifying Combat Damage Taken
- 7 Hit Chance
- 8 Class Dependency
- 9 Familiar Modifiers
- 10 Combat Frequency
- 11 Combat Initiative
- 12 Monster Aggravating
- 13 Extra Adventures
- 14 Extra PvP Fights
- 15 Underwater
- 16 Other
- 17 Unique
- 18 Enchantment Notes
- 19 See Also
- (All Attributes|Muscle|Mysticality|Moxie) (+|-)X(%)
- Items with enchantments of this form are usually classified as Muscle Modifiers, Mysticality Modifiers, and/or Moxie Modifiers. This enchantment can either increase or decrease a stat by a fixed amount, such as +5, or a percent, such as 10%.
- All Attributes Increase with Moonlight
- This enchantment acts similar to the previous listed enchantments, except that its potency is Moon-dependent. The Talisman of Baio is the only current item with this enchantment. However, note that the Periodical Paintbrush and Grimacite gear (e.g., Grimacite garter) also vary with moonlight.
HP and MP
- Maximum (HP|MP) +X
- Maximum HP/MP +X
- Items with enchantments of the above forms are usually classified as HP Modifiers and/or MP Modifiers. A character's maximum possible HP, MP, or both, may be be increased by a fixed amount.
- (+|-)X MP to use Skills
- Items with an enchantment like the one above modify the MP Cost of skills. Items that reduce the MP cost of skills will not do so by more than 3 points. Festival of Jarlsberg, Arcane in the Brain, and the Vile Vagrant Vestments can exceed the cap.
- Regenerate X-X HP per adventure
- Regenerate X-X HP and X-X MP per adventure
- Sporadic HP Regeneration
- Items with enchantments in the above forms are classified as HP Restorers and/or MP Restorers. These items replenish HP, MP, or sometimes both. This enchantment may act after every battle, or randomly every few fights.
- +X% Item Drops from Monsters
- Items with an enchantment like the above will give a percent increase in the drop rate of Items from Monsters.
- +X% Food Drops from Monsters
- Items with this enchantment acts just like normal item drops, but for only food items. Also applies for food ingredients.
- +X% Booze Drops from Monsters
- In a similar vein to food-only drops, the above enchantment only works for booze drops.
- +X% Candy Drops from Monsters
- Same as above, but only for candy.
- +X% Weapon Drops from Monsters
- +X% Pants Drops from Monsters
- +X% Hat/Pants Drops from Monsters
- +X% Accessory Drops from Monsters
- Increase the drop rate of Items from Monsters, but for only certain types of equipments. There is currently no equipment that grants bonus Hat drops only.
- +X% Item Drops from Monsters (Underwater Only)
- +X% Item Drops from Monsters (+Y% Underwater)
- Increases item drop rates when adventuring in The Sea zones. Some items have a bonus item drop rate outside of The Sea, albeit weaker.
- +X% Item Drops from Monsters (In Sewers)
- Unique enchantment to the C.H.U.M. lantern. Increases item drops when adventuring in the A Maze of Sewer Tunnels.
- +X% Item Drops from Hobos
- +X% Pickpocket Chance
- Increases the possibility of successfully pickpocketing an item.
- +X% Meat from Monsters
- Items with an enchantment like the above will give a percent increase in the quantity of Meat received from Monsters.
- Extracts Meat on Critical Hit
- Exactly as it says.
Increasing Stat Gain
- +X (Muscle|Mysticality|Moxie) Stat(s) Per Fight
- Items with an enchantment like the above will give an increase of Stat Gains from Fights, effectively increasing your rate of advancement. A handful of items with these enchantments apply the bonus to a single substat.
Modifying Damage Dealt
- Weapon Damage (+|-)X
- Items with an enchantment like the one above will dish out an amount of Bonus Weapon Damage in combat, no matter what weapon you wield.
- +X% Physical Damage
The Sledgehammer of the Vælkyr increases all physical damage.
- Ranged Damage +X
- Items with an enchantment like the one above will dish out an amount of Bonus Ranged Damage in combat, if wielding a ranged weapon.
- +X (Cold|Hot|Sleaze|Spooky|Stench) Damage
- Items with enchantments in the above form will dish out an amount of Elemental Damage.
- Spell Damage +X(%)
- Items with an enchantment like the one above will increase the amount of Spell Damage from spells. However, be aware that there are damage caps to most spells.
- +X Damage to (Cold|Hot|Sleaze|Spooky|Stench) Spells
- Items with an enchantment like the one above will increase the amount of Spell Damage that an elemental spell will inflict.
Elemental Spell Damage
- All Spells Cast Are (Hot|Cold|Sleaze|Spooky|Stench)
- Items with an enchantment like the one above will cause spells to always inflict a specific type of elemental damage, such as hot or cold. Only hot and cold work for sauce spells; all pasta spells work unless they are element-specific spells.
Modifying Combat Damage Taken
- Damage Reduction: X
- Items enchanted like the above will increase Damage Reduction. The amount of damage taken in combat will be reduced by X.
- Damage Absorption +X
- Items enchanted like the above will increase Damage Absorption. The amount of damage taken in combat will be reduced.
- (Slight|So-So|Serious|Sublime|Superhuman) (Resistance to All Elements|Cold Resistance|Hot Resistance|Sleaze Resistance|Spooky Resistance|Stench Resistance)
- Items with an enchantment in the form of the one above, will bestow upon the wearer a quantity of Elemental Resistance. The amount of resistance will stack with other items, skills, and effects. The amount of elemental resistance can be Slight (the weakest), So-So, Serious, Sublime, or Superhuman (the strongest).
- (+)Xx Chance of Critical Hit
- Items with an enchantment like the one above will increase Critical Hit Chance. Attacks which critically hit do more damage than usual. If you wear multiple items that increase your Critical Hit multiplier, only the highest multiplier applies.
- (+)X% Chance of Critical Hit
- Increases Critical Hit Chance by a percentage. Stacks with Critical Hit multipliers and itself.
- (+)X% chance of Spell Critical Hit
- Increases the Critical Hit chance for spells.
- Never Fumble
- Items enchanted like the above will eliminate the Chance of Fumbling your weapon. There are a handful of items with this enchantment in the game.
- Xx chance of Fumble
- This enchantment will actually increase your Chance of Fumbling your weapon when attacking.
- Always Fumble
- Clumsy makes you fumble all your attacks. Overrides Never Fumble.
- (Bonus for (Seal Clubbers|Turtle Tamers|Pastamancers|Saucerors|Disco Bandits|Accordion Thieves) only)
- Items with an enchantment like the one above will only affect a specific Class. Examples of items with enchantments like this are the Epic Hats and Epic Weapons.
- (+|-)X to Familiar Weight
- Items enchanted similarly to the above are usually familiar equipment, but can be other types of items. These items will either increase or decrease the effective weight of your familiar. The quantity of this enchantment is usually +5, but can be other values such as -5, -3, +1, +3, +10, +11, or +15.
- +X lbs. of [Familiar Type]
- Items with an enchantment like the one above do not increase the weight of your familiar, but simulate equipping a given poundage of one. Currently, only the origami "gentlemen's" magazine has an enchantment like this, providing 10 pounds of Ghuol Whelp.
- (+|-)X to Familiar Damage
- Items enchanted like the above will increase the amount of damage a familiar does by a given amount, but does not increase its weight.
- More likely to use more powerful attacks
- This enchantment is unique to the targeting chip, and makes a MagiMechTech MicroMechaMech more likely to use its more powerful attacks.
- Familiar will act more often in combat
Description says it all
- Familiar gains 1-2 extra experience per Adventure
- This enchantment is unique to the flaming familiar doppelgänger, which makes the familiar it's equipped on receive bonus experience.
- Familiar Will Attack You Less Often
- This enchantment is unique to the shock collar and tuning fork, which makes a Stab Bat or Scary Death Orb a little more submissive.
- Familiar Will Occasionally Play Tricks on Enemies
- This enchantment is unique to the plastic pumpkin bucket, which gives your familiar the ability to deal various melee and elemental attacks.
- Helps Your He-Boulder See Better (x4)
- This enchantment is unique to the quadroculars, which reduces the time needed between major ray uses on a He-Boulder by 50 turns (to 100).
- Hobo's Booze Is More Effective
- This enchantment is unique to the weegee sqouija, which will make the booze given to a Spirit Hobo more effective. How much more effective? No one knows for sure.
- Makes your ghost better at eating stuff.
- This enchantment applies only to the plastic bib, making a Gluttonous Green Ghost's digestion more efficient.
- Increases Astral Mushroom Drop Rate
- This enchantment is unique to the Astral Badger's badger badge. This enchantment was originally "+5% To Astral Mushroom Drops".
- Makes Familiar Less Sensitive to Light
- This enchantment is unique to the moonglasses, and will make a Grue always attack enemies, regardless of the moons, deal approximately 3-5 more damage than a grue with nothing equipped.
- Makes March Hare More Better
- This enchantment is unique to the miniature dormouse, which will make the Wild Hare rewind its watch (for bonus adventures after rollover) every 12 combat adventures instead of every 15.
- Makes Origami Towel Crane More Resistant to Wear and Tear
- This enchantment is unique to the can of starch which will make a Origami Towel Crane lose less weight as it absorbs damage for you.
- Reduces familiar's MP expenditure by 2-4.
- This enchantment is unique to the tiny nose-bone fetish, which reduces the amount of MP spent on the Pygmy Bugbear Shaman when it acts as both a Volleyball and a Fairy.
- Teddy Bear loses less stuffing when hit.
- This enchantment is unique to the Teddy Bear's sewing kit, the Evil Teddy Bear's sewing kit, and the Teddy Borg's sewing kit. It helps a Teddy Bear repair itself, so it loses less stuffing (weight) as it absorbs damage for you.
- Your familiar will sow pain and reap Meat.
- This enchantment is found only in the familiar ant tools zap group (e.g., the ant hoe). Familiars wearing these items can do elemental attacks that don't interfere with normal familiar function; additionally, a little bonus Meat is added when a vanquished monster drops Meat.
- Allows familiar to scale fish
- This enchantment exists only on the oversized fish scaler, allowing the familiar to do physical damage in addition to performing any normal familiar functions.
- Causes the Ancient Yuletide Troll to drop carol pages more frequently.
- The giant book of ancient carols, unsurprisingly, causes the Ancient Yuletide Troll to drop carol pages more frequently...
- Monsters will be (more|less) attracted to you.
- Items with enchantments like the above modify Combat Frequency. When this is increased, a combat adventure is more likely to occur. When this is decreased, a non-combat adventure is more likely to occur. This can be used to increase the chance of encountering a desired non-combat quest adventure. Adventures are, of course, location-dependent.
- Combat Initiative (+|-)X%
- Items with an enchantment like the one above affect will affect your Combat Initiative. Increasing your combat initiative will increase the chance that you will strike a monster first when fights begin.
- (+|-)X to Monster Level
- Items with an enchantment like the one above affect Monster Level. Increasing the level of a monster not only makes it tougher, but increases the stats gained from defeating it.
- Successful hit weakens opponent.
- Items with the above enchantment, such as the 7-Foot Dwarven mattock, the Unionize The Elves sign, and the yak whip, weaken an opponent when they successfully hit. Each hit effectively decreases the opponent's level for the current combat, but do not reduce the stats gained from defeating it.
- Slime (Really) Hates It
- Monsters in The Slime Tube will increase in level; see the Slime Hates It article. So far only one item (the villainous scythe has the 'Slime Really Hates It' enchantment.
- +X Adventure(s) per day when equipped.
- Items with enchantments like the one above will grant a player Extra Adventures on rollover, if they are equipped for rollover.
Extra PvP Fights
- +X PvP fight(s) per day when equipped.
- Items with enchantments like the one above will grant a player Extra PvP Fights that day, if they are equipped at rollover.
- Makes you a better diver
- Reduces underwater pressure penalty. Varies between items and effects.
- Intrinsic Effect: (Effect)
- Grants the related effect as long as the equipment in question is being worn. Most of these enchantments were removed after a March 1st, 2012 trivial update, but a smattering still remain.
- 5-Finger Discount
- The above enchantment is unique to the Travoltan trousers, granting a 5% discount at various NPC stores when worn.
- Allows casting of Magic Missile
- The above enchantment is unique to the jewel-eyed wizard hat, permitting the use of the Magic Missile combat skill.
- Allows you to keep 4 songs in your head instead of 3.
- The above enchantment is found on two custom items, the Scandalously Skimpy Bikini and the Sombrero De Vida, as well as the Hardcore Oxygenarian Ascension plexiglass pendant reward and the Bad Moon Ascension Brimstone Beret reward. Players with items enchanted as such can have 4 simultaneous Accordion Thief buffs, rather than the usual maximum of 3.
- Attacks Monsters During Combat
- This enchantment may only be found on a MagiMechTech NanoMechaMech, which will occasionally do 1-10 damage during a round in combat.
- +10 Damage vs. Lions
- This enchantment is unique to the safarrri hat and the Cat-Herding Prod custom item. This novelty enchantment enables a player to dish out 10 extra damage to the white lions in Whitey's Grove.
- Damages Attacking Opponent
- This enchantment be found on a handful of items (e.g., acid-squirting flower), doing damage in combat if your opponent successfully attacks you.
- +5 Duration to Buffs You Cast
- The above enchantment is also unique to the jewel-eyed wizard hat. It extends the length of each buff cast by 5 turns, but this does not apply to non-combat skills.
- Allows use of seasonal attacks
- This enchantment is only found on the haiku katana, and allows certain combat skills to be used.
- Gives Extra Offhand Equipment Slot
- This enchantment is only found on another novelty item, the fake hand, and gives one an extra off-hand equipment slot, while taking up an off-hand equipment slot, effectively giving no advantage.
- Grants "Shake Hands" Combat Skill
- This novelty enchantment is only found on a joybuzzer. Shake Hands is advertised to do 31-50 damage per successful handshake, but oddly enough, is never successful.
- The above enchantment is unique to the Talisman of Bakula. Hemophilia permits you to use the Give In To Your Vampiric Urges combat skill, which besides dealing damage, will restore both some HP and some MP.
- Jellyfish Vision
- This novelty enchantment is only found on a Cerebral Cloche, and causes all enemies to appear as jellyfish.
- Lets you rock out
- With Elvish sunglasses and a musical instrument equipment, allows various combat skills.
- Moxie used to determine Maximum MP
(unless Mysticality is higher)
- The above enchantment is unique to the Travoltan trousers, using the highest of either Mysticality or Moxie to determine the character's MP.
- Prevents Level Teleporting
- The above novelty enchantment is unique to Amulet of Yendor, and has no actual effect in-game.
- Provides Mostly Accurate Battle Statistics During Fights
- This enchantment may only be found on a toy space helmet, which will display the status of your opponent every round of combat.
- Regenerate MP Based on Level
- The above enchantment is unique to the jewel-eyed wizard hat, which will regenerate some MP after each turn used, no matter how that turn is used.
- The above enchantment is only found on a clown hammer, and as a novelty, replaces hit messages such as WHACK! BAM! ZOT! with SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
- They Do Nothing!
- The above novelty enchantment is unique to beer goggles, and has no actual effect in-game.
- +30 to All Attributes. Yeah, +30. That's the ticket.
- The above enchantment is unique to liar's pants, which are actually lying and only give +5 to all attributes.
- Explosively hilarious
- Found only on the cannonball charrrm bracelet, this enchantment makes the bracelet randomly explode in combat, doing Hot Damage to you and your opponent.
- Allows you to equip Chefstaves
- Wearing a special sauce glove enables this enchantment, which in turn allows the equipping of Chefstaves.
- (X)% Chance of Preventing Negative Status Attacks
- Found on but the giant pinky ring, this enchantment can prevent monsters from imparting special damage effects on you in combat.
- Brings Good Luck!
- On the lucky Crimbo tiki necklace resides the above enchantment. It allows for the occasional free ten-leaf clover after non-combats.
- 50% Discount on Gift Packages
- Wearing a Private Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Jacket make buying gift packages significantly cheaper.
- 50% chance of poisoning opponent.
- Attacking with a scorpion whip can cause your opponent to take persistent damage over consecutive rounds.
- +X damage to Disco Bandit Combat Skills
- Shoots Bottle-Rockets!
- The bottle-rocket crossbow is the sole item having this enchantment, allowing you to shoot bottle-rockets in combat.
- Critical Hits are extra-explosive
- Found on the V for Vivala mask, the above enchantment grants extra effects upon making a critical hit.
- Combat items do more damage
- Also on the V for Vivala mask, this enchantment increases any damage done by Combat Items to the tune of 50%.
- Allows use of Creepy Grin (once per day)
- Yet another unique enchantment on the V for Vivala mask, Creepy Grin can be used once per day to affect the Adventure Queue.
- + ???
- Colonel Mustard's Lonely Spades Club Jacket, true to its spady name, does not list its enchantments, and requires the community to spade its effects.
- Drains MP on Successful Hit
- Weakens Monster on Critical Hit
- Restores 3-24 MP on Critical Hit
- Heals 3-24 HP on Critical Hit
- Allows Summoning of Mayflies in Combat
- Wearing a mayfly bait necklace enables the use of Summon Mayfly Swarm in combat, having diverse effects.
- +X Hobo Power
- Equipment drops from Hodgman provide this. Hobo power is converted into actual game mechanics with Hodgman's Off-hand item drops.
- Converts Hobo Power to (other type of enchantment)
- Found on Off-hand Items from Hodgman, this turns all that Hobo Power into actual game mechanics. Check the Hobo Power page for details.
- On Critical: Insanity!
- Found only on Hodgman's whackin' stick, this gives 75-100 perfectly-aligned elemental damage (or, if the monster has no weaknesses, 150-200 physical damage; same thing) when a critical hit is scored.
- Special Attack: (Skill)
- This enchantment allows you to use the skill shown.
- Heads Up!
- Unique to the dwarvish war helmet, this enchantment shows the value of a monster's attack in the beginning of combat, in dwarvish rune digits.
- Magical Blue Glow
- Unique to the dwarvish war mattock, this enchantment provides information on a monster's HP each round, based on the brightness with which the mattock glows.
- Blinky Lights
- Unique to the dwarvish war kilt, this enchantment reveals the monster's defense value at the beginning of combat, using a system of lights.
Notes are displayed after the enchantments, and describe restrictions on the item and how it can be used.
- Note: Items that reduce the MP cost of skills will not do so by more than 3 points, in total.
- Items which affect skill cost are designated with this note. The total cost of a skill will never be reduced by more than 3 points (6 on the Festival of Jarlsberg).
- Note: This item cannot be equipped while in Hardcore.
- Items which are designated with this note, namely Mr. Store items, cannot be equipped while in Hardcore.
- Note: This item only works for Pastamancer Spells.
- Note: This item only works for Sauceror Spells.
- Items which are designated with this note will not work for all skills, buffs, or attacks, but will only work for those spells that are specifically Pastamancer and/or Sauceror spells.
- Note: If you wear multiple items that increase Critical Hit chances, only the highest multiplier applies.
- Items which are designated with this note affect Critical Hit Chance. Because only the one with the highest multiplier applies, equipping more than one of these types of items is not recommended.
- Note: You may not equip more than one of this item at a time.
- Although there are three accessory slots, many accessories cannot be equipped in more than one slot. Such articles are marked as above.