TheKoLWiki is changing its look - find out more here!
Designed for pulling behind you on cold, snowy days, these little duck suckers are the toy of choice for orphans and the underprivileged. It's hard enough to do some serious head-bonking, and if you drag it behind you, it's liable to get snagged on all sorts of interesting things.
(In-game plural: ducks-on-strings)
|1 length of string||2 google eyes||2 wooden blocks||2 toy wheels|
You do some fancy flailwork with your duck-on-a-string. Ho! Ha-ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! <It> takes X damage. WHACK! BARF! ZAP!
You flail at <it> with your duck-on-a-string, hitting for X damage. Isn't it just too damn real, one white duck on a string? ZAP! SOCKO! SOCKO!
You flail wildly with your duck-on-a-string. The string wraps around <it> and the duck bonks <it> in the nose for X damage. POW! KAPOW! KAPOW!
You shout, "DUCK!" and smack <it> with the duck-on-a-string. You both enjoy a good laugh, as <it> takes X damage. BOINK! ZAP! KAPOW!
You smack <it> with your duck-on-a-string. <It> quacks up for X damage. SOCKO! BOINK! BIFF!
- In one of this weapon's hit messages, "Isn't it just too damn real, one white duck on a string?" paraphrases a line from the song "One White Duck" by Jethro Tull.
- In one of this weapon's hit messages, "Ho! Ha-ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" is used extensively in Warner Brothers cartoons by Daffy Duck when fighting with any sort of melee weapon.
- Another hit message reads "You do some fancy flailwork with your duck-on-a-string. Ho! Ha-ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" which is a reference to Warner Bros. Robin Hood Daffy
- The "head-bonking" is possibly a reference to the Discworld book Carpe Jugulum, in which the Queen of Lancre attacks a vampire with a "push-and-go wooden duck."
|TOP 10 duck-on-a-string collections|
6. Poncho the Sane - 135 | 7. DarkmeatDuck - 128 | 8. chessducky - 120 | 9. justhappytobehere - 118 | 10. BoozerBear - 109
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings