Dreams and Lights
Man, that potion the maidens gave you is making everything look funny. You feel like if you ran into a tiger right now, you'd probably just laugh at it.
- fancy but probably evil chocolate (sometimes) (5 Adventures)
- The two maidens choice for the "Out in the Garden" adventure in The Haunted Gallery (10 Adventures)
- This will not stack with other effects, excepting the Festival of Jarlsberg and Arcane in the Brain.
- According to Jick, the effect description is accurate whether you acquire Dreams and Lights from the Gallery adventure or from the chocolate, because (somehow) the Green Fairy referred to in the relevant chocolate-consumption text actually is two maidens.
- The effect name, the description and the Gallery adventure title, "Out in the Garden", are references to the song "Two Knights and Maidens" by Crash Test Dummies on God Shuffled His Feet (1993):
- "The maidens had other plans for the two knights
- They'd give them potions
- And make them see dreams and lights
- The knights only laughed at the tigers
- They thought they were visions
- Out in the garden"