After some searching, you manage to find Dr. Awkward, skulking in the shadows of the Palindome and fondling the Staff of Fats in a particularly creepy manner. "Hey, you!" you shout. "That fight we had? Yeah, I'm calling a do-over. Get out your best silver platter, 'cause I'm about to serve you your ass on it."
Dr. Awkward sneers and draws his sword. "Go deliver a dare, vile dog."
The Mega Gem glows brightly as you charge at your opponent, shouting your battlecry:
|War, sir, is raw!|
|Egad! No bondage!|
|Eva, can I stack Rod's sad-ass, dork cats in a cave?|
|Locations||Dr. Awkward's Office|
|Monster Parts||arm, head, leg|
|Quest||Staff of Fats|
You don't know much about this evil little bald man wearing wire-rimmed spectacles and a black trench coat*, other than the fact that he's stolen the Staff of Fats for some nefarious purpose. You figure that's plenty enough reason to beat the hell out of him. Heck, just the fact that he's evil would be reason enough, right?
*Some people claim he's wearing a white trench coat, but their testimony is unreliable.
Dr. Awkward sneers evilly as you stumble directly into the path of his attack.Argh! Ouch! Argh! Oof!
He pokes you several times with the pointy end of his sword Argh! Ooh!
He ruthelessly beats you down, laughing. "Stab, mow, knife -- ye fink wombats!" he says, whatever that means. Oof!
He growls angrily as you dodge his attack. "Damn a madness! Send a man mad!"
He pokes at you with his sword, but you dodge in a way that's too exciting for me to describe.
Dr. Awkward whips his rapier at you, but you fortuitously stumble out of the way. "Drat such custard!" he shouts, inexplicably. (FUMBLE!)
Dr. Awkward pulls out a small first-aid kit, and quickly patches himself up a bit.
|You acquire an item: Staff of Fats|
|You acquire an item: Drowsy Sword|
|You gain 124 <substat>.|
- You can fumble against him even with "Never Fumble" equipment.
- His healing skill will heal him between 23-50 HP.
- Using Pickpocket on this monster may yield a fumble formula from about 5% of pickpocket attempts.
- This encounter is considered to be Inside the Palindome for location purposes, such as fishing.
- This monster cannot be copied.
- Dr. Awkward was the winning team in the 2007 MIT Mystery Hunt, an event in which Jick and Company participated.
- The battlecry buttons, Dr. Awkward, and several of his fight messages are palindromes.
- Dr. Awkward's description and appearance resemble that of Arnold Toht, a villain in the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- The second hit message may be a reference to Jon Snow's advice to his younger sister Arya concerning swordfighting in A Game of Thrones, from George R. R. Martin's fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire, which was to "Stick them with the pointy end."