Doc Galaktik's Medicine Show lies in the Market Square in Seaside Town.
Hello, my friend, and welcome to Doc Galaktik's Medicine Show! We'll cure whatever ails you, and you can even take our patent medicines with you for those times when you find yourself in need of a little help in the wilderness. Satisfaction is guaranteed!
Restoratives on Tap
| Restore HP (10 Meat each)
|Fizzy Invigorating Tonic
| Restore MP (17 Meat each)
These aren't really items - they are services offered, that take effect as you purchase them.
- Curative Nostrum: 10 Meat per HP, 6 Meat after finishing the Quest for Herbs
"Here you are, my friend! Guaranteed to cure what ails you!" says Doc Galaktik, as he hands you a huge glass of the Curative Nostrum.
You hold your nose and drink the whole thing down in one gulp.
- Fizzy Invigorating Tonic: 17 Meat per MP, 12 Meat after finishing the Quest for Herbs
"Here you are, my friend! Prepare to be invigorated!" says Doc Galaktik, as he hands you a huge glass of the Tonic.
The bubbles tickle your nose as you drink it.
Once you have reached level 5 and decrypted Cobb's Knob map to open Cobb's Knob or have ascended at least once before, visit Doc Galaktik's Medicine Show, who is running short on ingredients for his medicines. After accepting the quest, you will be asked to gather 3 swindleblossoms, 3 fraudwort, and 3 shysterweed.
Completion grants a 40% discount on Curative Nostrums and Fizzy Invigorating Tonics.
During the Gray Plague, the Doc used his skills to create various medicines to combat the disease. See the Zombie Cure quest for more details.
- If you click the Buy button without selecting anything, you get the message: "We don't sell that item here, my friend!"
- Of Doc Galaktik's restorative items, the Ailment Ointment has the best value (Meat per HP) out of battle, however in battle the more expensive ones may be better as they give your opponent less chance to attack. See Cost Analysis of Restoring HP and MP for further discussion.
- The "on tap" options were upgraded on June 6, 2007. Formerly, only the "restore all" option was available, and on top of that the MP refill cost was computed at 20 Meat per MP.
- In a Zombie Slayer run, the Doc is not around:
- Unsurprisingly, Doc Galaktik has packed up his cart and headed for the hills, leaving behind an empty lot.
- The traveling medicine show was common in early America. A slick, fast-talking, entertaining salesman would present a show to demonstrate the effectiveness of various elixirs, tonics, and cure-alls. These were done from the back of the salesman's cart, as these frauds had to be able to move out of one town and on to the next without delay.
- Doc Galaktik is a real-life friend of Jick's.