Consult the Helix Fossil
Consult the Helix FossilType: Combat
MP Cost: 0
|Effect:||Displays random messages|
|You consult the Helix Fossil. It says <message> <reaction>|
- This skill can be used once per combat.
- The following messages can be displayed:
- "ANARCHY OR RIOT."
- "BEWARE THE FALSE PROPHET FLAREON."
- "BIRD JESUS IS LOVE."
- "DO NOT PRESS DOWN WHEN APPROACHING LEDGES."
- "DO NOT TRUST THE DOME."
- "EVERYONE SPAM LEFT.
- "GUYS WE NEED TO BEAT MISTY."
- "MAINTAIN ANARCHY."
- "RAISE YOUR DONGERS."
- "SHUT UP ABOUT RICK GASTLY HE IS DEAD TO US."
- "THIS ISN'T THE TIME TO USE THAT!"
- "WHAT DOES THE BULBASAUR SAY?"
- Reactions are as follows:
- How odd.
- So, there's that.
- That's a little strange.
- That's kind of weird.
- Various Twitch Plays Pokemon Red Memes.
- The skill name comes from "consult helix fossil," the memetic explanation for why the player would often (accidentally) try to use his Helix Fossil while in battle, prompting Oak's admonishment "Red! This isn't the time to use that!". Supposedly he was trying to ask the fossil what to do next.
- Users could vote between "Anarchy" (moves are done as entered) or "democracy" (moves are voted on). "Start9" was a common move in democracy mode by those who thought democracy wasn't fun, corresponding to pressing "start" 9 times, ignoring all other inputs.
- Pressing down next to a ledge caused Red to jump over it, potentially undoing hours of work (as the ledge could not be traversed in the other direction).
- "WHAT DOES THE BULBASAUR SAY?" appears to be a merge of checking Bulbasaur's cry and "The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)".