You're fighting a collapsed mineshaft golem
This is a golem made out of the remains of a collapsed mineshaft, complete with broken support-beam arms and legs, and the howling souls of the miners who died trapped inside it. Also, a pissed-off zombie canary.
It just goes to show that some people will make a golem out of anything.
Turns out it really only knows one method of attack: falling on top of you. It's pretty effective, though. Eek! Oof! Ow! Argh! Ow! Oof! Ugh! Oof! Oof! Argh!
|You throw the stick of dynamite at the golem, and it explodes with a resounding BOOM!! The golem is largely unaffected, since it's already mainly just a pile of rubble, but you do manage to destroy the zombie canary. When the smoke clears and the golem realizes what has happened to its little friend, it runs away sobbing.
Occurs at The Sorceress' Tower (The Stairs).
- This monster's combat weakness is the stick of dynamite.
- If you lose, you will receive a hint as to which item to use.
- First hint: I wonder how the mineshaft collapsed in the first place?
- Second hint: Looks like you need more force than usual to clear this guy out of your way.
- Third hint: Some sort of explosion should do the trick.
- Fourth hint: The Knob Goblin firecracker isn't gonna be enough, I can tell you that.
- Fifth hint: Try a stick of dynamite from the Distant Lands Dude Ranch.
- Canaries were used in mines to detect the odorless but deadly carbon monoxide.