|Monster Parts||head, arm, leg, torso|
You see a Dreadsylvanian villager standing motionless in the alley, his face frozen in a horrified scream. "Hey, buddy, are you okay?" you ask. He doesn't respond. You tap him on the shoulder, and he rocks back and forth, falls over, and shatters as he hits the ground.
What could have done this to him? Oh, it was probably that vengeful spirit swooping at you, ready to serve you some vengeance, cold.
She blows icy breath down the back of your torso. If you don't know what a torso is, you don't find out because of this attack. Sorry. Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
She makes it so cold in the room that you can see your breath, and then so cold you can't breathe at all. Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
She swoops through you and lowers the temperature of your internal organs until they clench in pain.Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
She shrieks a ghostly shriek, sending chills down your spine. But not because it's spooky, because it's cold.Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
She makes the freezer opposite you fly open and blow freezing cold air at you.Brrrrrrrrrrr. (cold damage)
She swoops through your body, flash-freezing you from the inside out. You're going to have to find a microwave with a "defrost" setting, or you'll have to leave yourself out on the counter for half a day. Eek! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ow!
She extends an icicle of frozen ectoplasm at you, but you break it off.
She tries to send chills down your spine, but isn't sure whether that would be a spooky attack or a cold attack.
She tries to make a cold spot in the room, but your natural heat protects you.
She blows icy breath at you, but you find it refreshing.
She lowers the temperature in the room, but you'd worked up quite a sweat fighting her already.
She tries to make the freezer opposite you fly open and blow cold air, but the inside of it has a little pyramid and Gozer inside it instead of ice.
She has to adjust to your body heat, as she's used to haunting halls devoid of mammalian life. The calibration takes a few minutes. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: BOOtonniere (?% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: Mark of the Ghost (?% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: Freddy Kruegerand (?% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: Dreadsylvanian Almanac page (?% chance)*|
|You gain ??? <substat>.|
Occurs at Dreadsylvanian Village.
- The Freddy Kruegerand and Dreadsylvanian Almanac page drops are not affected by item drop modifiers. They are similar to the beer lens drop and drops from crates. In particular, they can still drop after being stomped.
- If any elements are banished, starting combat with a cold Dreadsylvanian adds turns of Chilled to the Bone, giving one of the messages:
- You shudder in the chilly air.
- The joints in your knees start to creak from the horrible cold.
- Your breath steams in the frigid air.
- You gasp as the freezing air burns your lungs.
- You briskly rub your arms, trying to warm yourself up.
- You wince as a biting wind blows in your eyes, and you can feel your tears freezing on your cheeks.
- You stomp your feet, trying to revive your cold-numbed toes.
- You blow into your hands and rub them together, wishing you'd brought some mittens.
|You acquire an effect: Chilled to the Bone|
(duration: N+1 Adventures)
- Starting combat with a Dreadsylvanian ghost drains stats, giving one of the messages:
- The ghost gazes deep into your soul, somehow extracting your very life's essence through your eyes.
- The ghost claws wildly at you, and you can't help but feel like you've forgotten something important.
- The phantom menaces you, leaving you feeling weaker and oddly disappointed.
- The specter's ghastly visage turns your bowels to ice and your brain to mush.
- The ghost screams, and your mind blanks out for a second. W-where are you? What's going on?
- The ghost shrieks wildly at you. You can practically feel your brain leaking out of your ears.
- The ghost sticks ectoplasmic tendrils into your brain, draining some of your life experience.
- The ghost slashes at you with spectral claws, neatly removing a few precious childhood memories
|You lose X Muscleboundness.|
You lose X Enchantedness.
You lose X Cheek.
- Getting hit by a Dreadsylvanian ghost in combat adds turns of Touched by a Ghost:
|You acquire an effect: Touched by a Ghost|
(duration: N Adventures)
- Effect duration, N is the number of times a noncombat in in the village has modified monsters this run.
- The name, image, and introduction text of this monster are all randomly selected: