The Clockwork Apparatus is an outfit.
I Meant To Do That!
FUMBLE! Suddenly, a pair of strange mechanical arms pop out of your belt-buckle. They bandage your wounds, wipe the sweat off of your brow, and hand you a refreshing glass of iced tea before retracting.
FUMBLE! Out of nowhere, a set of helicopter blades emerge from your hat and lift you out of reach of your opponent. Hey, you can see your campsite from here!
FUMBLE! You trip and hit your head on a rock. You're not sure exactly what happened next, but you could swear that you saw a yellow dog come out of nowhere and tie your opponent up...
FUMBLE! You trip, and while you're laying on the ground a boxing glove emerges from a hidden compartment in your coat and punches your opponent for 10-20 damage.
- The helicopter message prevents your opponent from attacking.
- The yellow dog message delevels your opponent by 3-5.
- All actions have an equal chance of occurring.
- Most of this outfit's messages are references to the animated television series Inspector Gadget:
- "I meant to do that" was a common quip from Gadget when something went wrong but unexpectedly worked.
- The first fumble effect comes from the introduction to the cartoon.
- The second fumble effect comes from the movie, Inspector Gadget, where the good inspector says a similar phrase in a similar circumstance.
- The yellow dog in the third fumble effect is Brain, the dog of Inspector Gadget's niece, Penny. Brain and Penny were very often the ones responsible for solving the cases Inspector Gadget was given.
- The last fumble is a reference to the character "Data" from the movie The Goonies who had a somewhat unpredictable retractable boxing glove attached to his belt. (Though Inspector Gadget had a similar boxing-glove-on-a-spring, it was in his hat, not his coat).