Class Act II: A Class For Pigs
| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
Class Act II: A Class For Pigs is the Winter 2013 special challenge path, introduced on November 14, 2013. Players may select this path in Valhalla, instead of a dietary challenge path. Its description in The Bureau of Reincarnation reads, "It's class warfare! You will only be able to use permed skills from your own class or generic skills, but you will start with all of your classes Guild skills. Also, killing monsters is more rewarding!"
The only permed skills you start with are those from your own class, but you start with all of the guild skills whether or not they were permed.
- Permed non-class specific skills, such as Transcendent Olfaction, Vent Rage Gland, Rainbow Gravitation, Dreadsylvanian class-crossed skills and skills from Fragnk, remain usable.
- Permed class-specific skills that do not come from a guild are not usable. This includes skills from The Traveling Trader, the Spookyraven Manor Quest, and Crimbo 2009.
Note: Most of these changes were made standard for all paths on May 14, 2014. The stat gain changes listed here are no longer valid for Class Act II, which now uses the standard stat gain formula.
- Stat gains from monsters are doubled, including ML.
- Stat gains from many non-combats have been halved. (Needs spading: which ones?)
- Spookyraven Manor stat-giving noncombats are known to be reduced.
- Both Palindome noncombats are reduced.
- Set an Open Course for the Virgin Booty is reduced.
- Interview With You (Isabella) is not reduced.
- Roachform stat gains are not reduced.
- Chatterboxing is reduced, but the 50-stat noncombats in The F'c'le are not reduced.
- Pixel orbs and corrupted stardust are usable only once per day.
- The clan of cave bars are limited to one fight per day.
- Raising monster level now imbues the monsters with special effects:
- Above 25ML, monsters will start to get some damage resistance, capping at 50% resistance at 50ML.
- Above 50ML, elemental monsters will start to do some autohitting damage of their element at the beginning of each fight.
- Above 75ML, monsters become resistant to multi-round stuns.
- Above 100ML, monsters become resistant to staggers.
- Players will receive a thwaitgold ant statuette upon defeating the Naughty Sorceress.
- Dropping this path will leave you in a normal or hardcore ascension and restore your permed skills from other classes, but it will not remove any skills from your class that you do not have permed.
- The name of this path is a reference to Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.
- The noncombat stat reductions were not all in place initially. The papaya war in The Palindome for instance was giving normal stat gains until it was tweaked. The list is evolving.
|Special Challenge Paths|