This elaborately-engraved flail is heavy, serious, and stoic -- perfect for beating the hell out of arrogant rabbits, and any others who might underestimate you.
(In-game plural: Chelonian Morningstars)
|Mace of the Tortoise||turtle chain|
You bring the morningstar down hard on <it>, terra-pinning <it> beneath it for X damage. KERBLAM! BONK! KAPOW!
You whirl the morningstar around your head like some kind of turtle ninja, bashing <it> for X damage. WHAMMO! ZAP! BOOF!
You snap the chain of the mace like a snapping turtle, bashing <it> for X damage. SOCKO! WHAMMO! ZAP!
You shell out X damage with your Chelonian Morningstar. ZAP! SPLAT! KERBLAM!
You give <it> several hard turtle whacks, doing X damage. Get it? BONK! SPLAT! ZOT!
You slowly and steadily bash <it> with your Chelonian Morningstar, doing a tenacious X damage. ZOT! KERBLAM! BIFF!
- Legendary Epic Weapon of the Turtle Tamer.
- This weapon might be described as an "Epic Flail".
- You must have turtle totem-based equipment in inventory or equipped in order to cast Turtle Tamer buffs. The Chelonian Morningstar yields a buff length of 15 Adventures.
- The description of this item -- along with the statement about beating arrogant rabbits -- is a reference to the Aesop fable "The Tortoise and the Hare," where an overconfident hare challenges the slow, but steady-paced tortoise to a race, which the last hit message is also a reference to.
- Chelonian means "belonging to the order of Chelonia," which basically includes all turtles.
- The word "terra-pinning" is a portmanteau of the words "terrapin" (any freshwater turtle) and "pinning" (a wrestling move).
- The "turtle ninja" hit message is a reference to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- "Turtle whacks" is a play on Turtle Wax, a brand of car wax.