TheKoLWiki is changing its look - find out more here!
|This content has been retired and is no longer available in game.|
You approach one of the myriad brushfires in the Nearby Plains. It's hotter than you expected. And you were expecting it to be pretty hot.
You run to a different part of the plains to seek refuge from the fire, but that part of the plains is also on fire. Ow! (hot damage)
You take a breath. That breath turns out to be a mistake, because the superheated air fuses all of your lung-bits together. Eek! (hot damage)
You fall down and end up having an impromptu Viking funeral. Oof!
The heat of the fire bowls you over, strikes you, and leaves you in a gutter, sparing no part of you. You should probably split. Ooh! (hot damage)
At the end of combat:
You can't stand the heat any longer, so you decide to get out of the kitchen. Which is to say the vicinity of this brushfire.
A harried, charred dude runs up to you, panting.
"The newly-formed F. D. K. O. L. thanks you for your assistance, Adventurer," he says, before heading back toward the fires.
"The newly-formed F. D. K. O. L. thanks you for your assistance, Adventurer. And hey, cool hat!" he says, before heading back toward the fires.
On some kinds of (ineffectual) blocking/stunning.
The fire roars with laughter at your pathetic attempts to restrain it. Or maybe it's just a roaring fire.
Occurs at Brushfires.
- The maximum number of combat rounds (i.e. number of times you can act in combat) is (your level of Hot Resistance)/3, rounded down.
- Seems to have 0 Combat Initiative (or less), so you always get the jump and can always run away (at least, no reports of failing to get the jump).
- Combat does not end normally, so end-of-combat mechanics that require victory (gaining substats, familiar experience, Ghuol Whelp, etc.) will not trigger.
- If you try to fight the fire with 0 HP, you get this message:
- You're too fired up to fight beat.
- If you try to fight the fire while falling-down drunk, you get this message:
- You're too drunk to do something so ill-advised and dangerous.
- If you try to fight the fire with 0 adventures, you get this message:
- You haven't got time to fight fire.
Fighting the fire
- When initially encountered on June 13th, brushfires had 2147483647 HP.
- On June 14th, brushfire HP was reduced to 10000, significantly decreasing the effectiveness of %damage attacks.
- The brushfires were also made unkillable (reducing their HP to 0 or less does not end the fight).
- All damage done to the brushfire that is not Cold Damage is reduced to 1.
- Has a soft damage cap (for Cold) with parameters (100%, 5000, 0.7). Meaning:
- First, damage is multiplied by 100% (no effect).
- Afterwards, if the damage dealt from a single source would otherwise be over 5000, then a soft damage cap kicks in. The resultant damage is 5000 + (X-5000)0.7, rounded down, where X > 5000 is the damage before the soft cap.
- Passively does damage each round equal to 20%-30% of max HP, not affected by Hot Resistance.
- Immune to multi-turn stunning, but not single-turn (so, say, a familiar that stuns for a single turn, like the Mini-Hipster or NPZR, will work). Blocking (i.e. Levitating Potato-type familiars, rather than skills or items) does not work.
- Free Runaways are not free, with the message:
- Your attempt to flee the scene quickly is foiled when you inhale a big lungful of smoke and spend the next ten minutes doubled over coughing.
- You are awarded between 0 and 10 FDKOL commendations per fight, based on the amount of Cold Damage inflicted (other damage doesn't count).
- On June 14th, the method for determining the number of commendations awarded was changed to provide a more egalitarian distribution.
- Commendations awarded = floor[log10(Cold Damage)]+1
- That is, count the number of digits in the amount of cold damage you did, and that's how many commendations you get. 1-9 cold damage = 1 commendation, 10-99 = 2, etc.
- When the fireman's helmet is equipped you are awarded 1 bonus commendation.
- Because of the extreme amounts of damage required, the practical limit on commendations awarded is 7 (+1 bonus) per combat.