Boss Bat Quest
- Gain stench resistance.
- You can do this by equipping a Pine-Fresh air freshener (found in the Entryway), the Pants of the Slug Lord from the Slug Lord's Map Quest, a bum cheek or asshat (from The Sleazy Back Alley), or a Knob Goblin harem veil (from the Harem), among others.
- You can also have the Elemental Saucesphere or Astral Shell buffs cast on you.
- While you have stench resistance, adventure in Guano Junction until you have three sonars-in-a-biscuit or defeated some screambats.
- Each sonar-in-a-biscuit you use (either from your inventory or in a combat inside the Bat Hole) causes one wall in The Bat Hole to crumble, giving you access to, first, the Batrat and Ratbat Burrow, then the Beanbat Chamber, and finally, The Boss Bat's Lair.
- Defeating a screambat has the exact same effect as using a sonar-in-a-biscuit, namely breaking a wall.
- It may be quicker to purchase the sonars-in-a-biscuit from The Flea Market, if able.
- When you are strong enough, enter The Boss Bat's Lair and kill a number of beefy bodyguard bats until you encounter the Boss Bat.
- Kill the Boss Bat.
- Return to The Council of Loathing.
- The Boss Bat will drop a Batskin belt and a dense meat stack. Additionally, you get the Boss Bat bling with Monster Aggravation Devices set to 8, and the Boss Bat britches with them set to 4.
- The Council of Loathing will take the Boss Bat bandana and give you a batskin belt.
- In your Quest Log, under completed quests, you will see: "You have slain the Boss Bat. Huzzah!"
On initial visit:
- The Council requires another task of you, Adventurer. You must slay the Boss Bat. He can be found in the deepest part of the Bat Hole, in the Nearby Plains. Slay him, and return to us with proof of your conquest.
On subsequent visits:
- You have not yet slain the Boss Bat. He can be found in the Bat Hole, in the Nearby Plains.
- Well done! You have slain the Boss Bat. As a reward, we present you with this belt made from his skin.
|You acquire an item: batskin belt|
Upon completion in a Pocket Familiars run:
- "Well done! You have slain the Boss Bat."
- "Actually," you say, "some jerk kid killed the Boss bat. But he challenged me to a pokéfam battle afterward, which I won. He gave me this gross belt."
- The Councilman shrugs. "Close enough! We don't really care who does these quests, so long as we know someone is doing them."
- The quest reward was formerly Guild Pants.