|| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
How much MP does it steal?
You're fighting The Boss Bat
This is the two-headed bat who runs the Bat Hole. Despite constant arguments with himself which usually leave him with four black eyes.
Critical Hit Message:
He headbutts you, with both heads. And both foreheads. All eight heads, then. Ugh! Ouch! Oof! Oof!
He sinks four sets of fangs into your tender <giblets>. Ouch squared, dude. Eek! Ouch! Ow! Ooh!
He lets loose a piercing squeak from both sets of vocal cords. Do bats have vocal cords? Well, this one does, anyway, and it really hurts when he squeaks at you. Oof! Ooh! Ow! Ooh! Ugh!
He flaps his wings and rises ponderously into the air. With a piercing squeak, he swoops down and lands on you, crushing you beneath his freakishly warm, fleshy, deformed body. Ouch! Argh! Ugh!
He tries to headbutt you, but your thick skull doesn't even feel the attack.
He tries to sink all of his fangs into you, but can't decide which head gets to bite first.
He squeaks at you from both mouths, but manages to harmonize pleasantly.
He lets loose a piercing squeak and flies up to swoop down on you. Unfortunately, his two heads can't agree about who gets to drive, and he smashes into the wall.
The Boss Bat flies up to you and sinks its two pairs of fangs into each of your jugulars. The jugular on each side of your neck. Whatever. You stand helpless as energy is leached out of you, until he disengages, two goofy grins on his faces.
Occurs at The Boss Bat's Lair.
- The Boss Bat's special ability is stealing MP. The MP stolen is returned to the Boss Bat as HP.
- Once you have defeated the Boss Bat, this adventure will no longer occur (becomes a one-time adventure).
- According to Jick on the September 30, 2013 radio show, the boss bat's name is Farlgaman.
- The Boss Bat is possibly a reference to the old wives' tale of Rat Kings, i.e., rats with their tails tied together. In the legend, said rats commonly become super-intelligent, and can control the rest of the rats in their lair. Of course, nobody ever hypothesized about what arguments they might have with themselves.
- Except for the dense meat stack, the name and drops of this boss are all alliterative.