| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
|Locations||The Boss Bat's Lair|
|Monster Parts||head, torso, wing|
|Quest||Boss Bat bandana|
This is the two-headed bat who runs the Bat Hole. Despite constant arguments with himself which usually leave him with four black eyes.
He headbutts you, with both heads. And both foreheads. All eight heads, then. Eek! Oof! Oof! Ouch!
He sinks four sets of fangs into your tender <foot>. Ouch squared, dude. Ooh! Ugh! Ow! Ouch!
He lets loose a piercing squeak from both sets of vocal cords. Do bats have vocal cords? Well, this one does, anyway, and it really hurts when he squeaks at you. Oof! Ow! Ouch! Argh! Ooh!
He flaps his wings and rises ponderously into the air. With a piercing squeak, he swoops down and lands on you, crushing you beneath his freakishly warm, fleshy, deformed body. Eek! Eek! Ouch!
He tries to headbutt you, but your thick skull doesn't even feel the attack.
He tries to sink all of his fangs into you, but can't decide which head gets to bite first.
He squeaks at you from both mouths, but manages to harmonize pleasantly.
He lets loose a piercing squeak and flies up to swoop down on you. Unfortunately, his two heads can't agree about who gets to drive, and he smashes into the wall. (FUMBLE!)
|You lose some Mana Points.|
|You acquire an item: batskin belt (100% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: dense meat stack (100% chance)*|
- If you have any monster aggravation device set to 4:
|You acquire an item: Boss Bat britches (100% chance)*|
- If you have any monster aggravation device set to 8:
|You acquire an item: Boss Bat bling (100% chance)*|
|You gain 7 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Boss Bat's Lair.
- The Boss Bat's special ability is stealing MP. The MP stolen is returned to the Boss Bat as HP.
- Once you have defeated the Boss Bat, this adventure will no longer occur (becomes a one-time adventure).
- According to Jick on the September 30, 2013 radio show, the boss bat's name is Farlgaman.
- Prior to a trivial update on August 14, 2014, the Boss Bat dropped a Boss Bat bandana instead of the batskin belt.
- The Boss Bat is possibly a reference to the old wives' tale of Rat Kings, i.e., rats with their tails tied together. In the legend, said rats commonly become super-intelligent, and can control the rest of the rats in their lair. Of course, nobody ever hypothesized about what arguments they might have with themselves.
- Except for the dense meat stack, the name and drops of this boss are all alliterative.