You're fighting The Bonerdagon
As you enter the Haert of the Cyrpt, you hear a squawking roar, followed by a roaring squawk. This huge creature rises from a pile of bones, flaps its wings, and advances toward you.
Critical Hit Message:
He spikes you in the <groin> with his boney wings. Ooh! Ow! Ooh! (spooky damage)
He gores you with his horns, then horns you with his gore. Argh! Argh! Eek! (spooky damage)
He chomps on your <groin> with his great white fangs. You feel about half as shy as you'd feel if he bit you again. Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! (spooky damage)
He whips you with his boney tail. You wish he wouldn't lash out like that. Argh! Ouch! Argh! (spooky damage)
He gores you in the stomach, chomps you in the leg, and whips you with his bony tail. Yes! You've hit the perfect pain trifecta! Ow! Eek! Ugh! Oof! Argh! (spooky damage)
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
He tries to gore you with his horns, but you leap out of the way.
He tries to chomp you with his great white fangs, but you dodge.
He tries to whip you with his boney tail, but reports of his ability to do that are phony tales.
He flaps his wings and rises higher in the air, roaring triumphantly. Then he snags a wing on the ceiling of the cyrpt, breaks it off, and crashes to the ground. It takes his head a while to figure out which of the scattered bones on the floor are his.
As you're preparing to use that skill, The Bonerdagon suddenly starts furiously beating its wings. You're knocked over by the gust of wind it creates, and lose track of what you're doing.
- Occasionally, when using a skill:
Just as you're pulling the $item out of your pocket, The Bonerdagon lashes out at you with its tail and knocks it out of your hand.
- Occasionally, when using an item:
Occurs at The Haert of the Cyrpt.
- The Bonerdagon has the ability to cause skills and items to fail entirely, wasting your MP. Items and skills are blocked 25% of the time.
- The Bonerdagon can still block your items and skills when it is trapped with Entangling Noodles.
- The Bonerdagon will not block the Dictionary.
- Once you have defeated the Bonerdagon, this adventure will no longer reoccur (becomes a one time adventure).
- If your Moxious Maneuver fails, you get the message:
- You try to sneak up behind the Bonerdagon, but you step on a discarded bone and draw his attention to you.
- The Bonerdagon's name is a misspelling of "Bonedragon". Many KoL players mistakenly refer to this monster as the "Bonerdragon".
- This monster cannot be copied.
- Prior to a trivial update on February 15th, 2012, the Bonerdagon would destroy blocked combat items. This is no longer the case.
- In a hidden update in the middle of the day on February 4th, 2014, the image changed. It used to be:
- One of his successful attacks is a play on the proverb "Once bitten, twice shy."