|Locations||Near an Abandoned Refrigerator, Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it; The Junkyard (Post-War)|
|Monster Parts||arm, head, leg, torso, wing|
Gremlins, on the whole, are little slimy, mottled-green creatures with more warts, fangs, and claws than you can shake a stick at. This gremlin takes the whole "good old-fashioned nightmare fuel" theme on step further -- it has gigantic leathery wings growing out of its back. As such, this gremlin is a lot more effective than a gremlin-winged bat (since gremlins don't normally have wings, gremlinwinged bats are pretty much just amputee mice). It swoops around above you, cackling madly and getting ready to power-dive you.
It dives down at you, raking your scalp with its razor-sharp claws. Ugh! Eek!
It swoops down and chomps you with its mouth full of fangs. Fang goodness there wasn't a bad pun in that attack. Uh, oops. Argh! Eek! Ugh! Argh!
It buffets you in the <calf> with its leathery wings. It hurts worse than being buffetted in the jimmy, oddly enough. Ouch! Oof! Ugh! Ow!
Non-quest Identifying Message
It does a bombing run over your head. Dude, you really don't want to know what it just bombed you with. With what it just bombed you. Ouch! Ouch! Ow! Ugh! (stench damage)
It picks you up, flies as high as it can, then lets you fall. You shout "I can see my campsite from heeeeeeeere" before you land in a crumpled heap on one of the crumpled heaps in the junkyard. (CRITICAL HIT!) Eek! Eek! Oof! Ugh! Eek!
He tries to youneck>, but misses.in the <
|You gain 40-60 Meat|
|You acquire an item: gremlin juice (3.1% chance)*|
If Yossarian's quest was completed as a War Frat
|You acquire an item: gremlin mutagen (4.0% chance)*|
If Yossarian's quest was completed as a War Hippy
|You acquire an item: extra-potent gremlin mutagen (4.8% chance)*|
|You gain 42-43 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Junkyard.
- Never misses, unless forced to miss by something like The Crown of Ed the Undying.
- There are two different versions of this monster: one with the molybdenum tool (for Yossarian's quest), and one without the tool.
- "Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel" is a phrase used on Mystery Science Theater 3000 by Mike and the Bots to describe the movie Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders.
- "Buffetted in the jimmy" is a reference to musician Jimmy Buffett.
- "jimmy" is also sometimes used as a euphemism for male genitalia.
- Gremlins 2: The New Batch contained a genetically modified flying Gremlin.
- The phrase "I can see my campsite from heeeeeeeere" resembles the stock phrase "I can see my house from here!"