| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
In KoL, banishing a monster removes it from the possible encounters in any zone for a certain number of Adventures. Almost all banishers that cost a turn will run out of their effect 1 turn earlier, because the adventure itself took a turn.
|Louder Than Bomb||Combat Item||20||1||Item Loss||No||HC/SC Unrestricted||Indirectly acquired from Summon Smithsness|
|Breathe Out||Skill||20||?||Item Loss,1 Spleen or 1 Fullness||No||HC/SC Standard (2017)||Temporary skill goes away after single use; learn the skill by consuming hot jelly or toast with hot jelly from a Space Jellyfish|
|crystal skull||Combat Item||20||1||Item Loss||Yes||HC/SC Unrestricted||Acquired from Summon Clip Art|
|divine champagne popper||Combat Item||5||1||Item Loss||No||HC/SC Unrestricted||Acquired from Summon Party Favor|
|Nanorhino||Familiar||Rollover||1||Effect Loss||Yes||HC/SC Unrestricted||From using Unleash Nanites with 40+ turns of Nanobrawny; requires a Muscle-based combat skill; Nanobrawny is lost upon use|
|Harold's bell||Combat Item||20||1||Item Loss||Yes||HC/SC Standard||Only one bell can be obtained per ascension|
|bundle of "fragrant" herbs||Combat Item||Rollover||3||No||Crimbo 2015||Limit 10 uses per day. Cannot be used during Ronin or Hardcore.|
|ice house||Combat Item||∞||1||Item Loss||Yes||HC/SC Unrestricted||Persists through ascension. Monster can be retrieved from the Museum.|
|Batter Up!||Skill||Rollover||1||5 Fury||Yes||HC/SC Standard||Class-specific: Only usable by Seal Clubbers; banished monster gives stats but not meat/item drops|
|Snokebomb||Skill||30 turns||1||50 MP||No||HC/SC Standard (2016)||Limit 3 uses per day. Acquired from Training scroll: Snokebomb.|
|V for Vivala mask||Equipment||10||1||30 MP||No||SC Unrestricted||From Creepy Grin, once per day; removing mask ends banishment|
|stinky cheese eye||Equipment||10||1||-||No||SC Unrestricted||From Give Your Opponent the Stinkeye, once per day; removing eye does NOT end banishment|
|Pantsgiving||Equipment||30||1||-||Yes||SC Unrestricted||From Talk About Politics, can only be used five times per day; kills the banished monster and gives stats, meat, and drops.|
|tennis ball||Combat Item||30||1||Item Loss||No||HC/SC Standard (2015)||Acquired from Playing Fetch* with a Hallowiener Dog|
|Daily Affirmation: Be a Mind Master||Combat Item||80?||1||Item Loss||Yes||HC/SC Standard (2017)||From New-You Club Membership Form|
|Kremlin's Greatest Briefcase||Equipment||20||1||No||HC/SC Standard (2017)||From KGB tranquilizer dart; can be used three times per day|
|Asdon Martin: Spring-Loaded Front Bumper||Workshed||30||1||50 fuel||No||HC/SC Standard (2017)||From Asdon Martin workshed appliance; has a 30 turn cooldown|
|pulled indigo taffy||Combat Item||20||1||Item Loss||No||HC/SC Unrestricted||Underwater only; acquired from Summon Taffy|
|Banishing Shout||Skill||∞||3||50 MP||Yes||Path||Challenge path-specific: Only available in Avatar of Boris runs|
|Howl of the Alpha||Skill||∞||3||9 zombies||Yes||Path||Challenge path-specific: Only available in Zombie Slayer runs|
|classy monkey||Combat Item||20||1||Item Loss||Yes||Path||Challenge path-specific: Only works in Class Act runs|
|Staff of the Standalone Cheese||Equipment||Rollover||5||-||Yes||Path||Challenge path-specific: Only available in Avatar of Jarlsberg runs; performed by jiggling the staff in combat up to 5 times/day|
|dirty stinkbomb||Combat Item||Rollover||1?||Item Loss||No?||Path||Challenge path-specific: Only available in KOLHS runs|
|deathchucks||Combat Item||Rollover?||1?||Item Loss||No||Path||Challenge path-specific: Only available in KOLHS runs|
|Peel Out||Skill||Rollover?||1||10 MP||No||Path||Challenge path-specific: Only available in Avatar of Sneaky Pete runs; requires the Extra-Smelly Muffler motorcycle upgrade|
|Walk Away From Explosion||Skill||30||1||30 MP||Yes||Path||Challenge path-specific: Only available in Avatar of Sneaky Pete runs; banished monster gives stats/etc.|
|smoke grenade||Combat Item||20||1||Item Loss||Yes||Path||Challenge path-specific: Only available in Avatar of Sneaky Pete runs|
|Thunder Clap||Skill||40||1||40 dB||Yes||Path||Challenge path-specific: Only available in Heavy Rains runs|
|Curse of Vacation||Skill||Rollover||1||30 MP||Yes||Path||Challenge path-specific: Only available in Actually Ed the Undying runs|
|Beancannon||Skill||Rollover||5||15 MP, Item Loss||Yes||Path|| Challenge path-specific: Only available in Avatar of West of Loathing runs.|
Requires a can of beans equipped in the off-hand slot, which is destroyed.
¹ How many monsters can be banished at a time by this particular source. If you use this banisher to banish another monster (in any zone), the first monster in the banisher's "queue" will be un-banished. Most things can only banish one monster at a time.
² Does ending a combat with this item consume an Adventure?
|Source||Monster||Source Type||Duration||Costs Turn?||Avail.||Notes|
|cocktail napkin||clingy pirate||Combat Item||20||No||Both||Deals 20-40 hot damage to other monsters|
|Chatterboxing||chatty pirate||Adventure||20||No||Both||Requires a valuable trinket, which is consumed|
|Bowl of Scorpions||drunk pygmy||Item||Rollover||No||Both||Each Bowl of Scorpions will cause one free run-away. After the 11th occurrence, the pygmy is banished.|
|spooky music box mechanism||any in Spookyraven Manor||Combat Item||Rollover||Yes||Both||Queue size of 1.|
Deals 100-120 spooky damage to other monsters.
|ice hotel bell||any in The Ice Hotel||Combat Item||Rollover||No||Both||Queue size of 1|
Deals 250-300 cold damage to other monsters.
|Licorice Rope||any dude(?) in Gingerbread City||Skill||Rollover||Yes||Both||Queue size of 1.|
- Banishing all possible monsters from a zone results in all of the monsters returning.
- Banishing all normal monsters in a zone with special monsters in it will sometimes yield a tumbleweed.
- If you banish a monster with multiple versions/copies (i.e. Astronomer), the other version(s) will continue to appear unless you banish them as well. This is most noticeable with additional monster copies added by On the Trail. (The "base copy" of the monster is not added to the adventure queue, but the 3 bonus copies are still added; so instead of being reduced from 4 copies to 0, banishing a trailed monster will reduce it from 4 copies to 3. See the Adventure Queue process for details.)
- Banishing a foe in the Boss Bat's Lair ends the fight, but the foe is not removed from the area. At the end of combat you get the message:
- Unfortunately this is a very small space and your opponent quickly returns.
- Banishing a foe in the Secret Tropical Island Volcano Lair ends the fight, but the foe is not removed from the area. At the end of combat you get the message:
- As you leave the area, you catch sight of your opponent in the distance. Apparently he's realized that there isn't much of anywhere to run to on this little island, and is sheepishly wandering back to where he was before.
- Entire types of monsters in Dreadsylvania can be banished as a result of special non-combats; see Advanced Dreadsylvania Mechanics for details.
- For a long time, banishing was a game mechanic tied almost exclusively to Mr. Store items. Banishing has been slowly trickling into the base game through channels like challenge paths and Batter Up!