Bag o' Tricks
This is the magicalest bag in the world! You can tell it's especially magical because of the stars and moons emblazoned on the outside, and the fact that it's moving around of its own accord. What's in the bag? What's in the bag?
(In-game plural: Bag o' Trickss)
- Obsoleted Areas/Methods
- First time per day:
|You open the Bag o' Tricks, and there is a sudden explosion of sounds, colors, and random flying objects. After it's all over, you're left with absolutely no idea what just happened.|
- (Five of your current effects, randomly chosen, are extended by 3 turns.)
- Subsequent openings on the same day:
|You open up the Bag o' Tricks, and a single moth flies out. Looks like you'll have to wait until tomorrow before you can do all that crazy stuff again.|
- If used when in Hardcore:
|You can't bring yourself to open the Bag o' Tricks. You also can't take yourself to the Prom.
(This item cannot be used in Hardcore.)
- July 2009's item of the month from Mr. Store.
- Its in-store description: Mystically-aligned off-hand item, lets you summon various animals in combat.
- Allows use of the skill Open the Bag o' Tricks in combat.
- This item resets upon ascension.
- As of July 2, 2009, you cannot open the bag from your inventory while in Hardcore.
- If you have five or fewer effects current, all of them will be extended by three turns.
- The term Bag of Tricks originated in the syndicated cartoon Felix the Cat. In these syndicated serials, "Felix was equipped with a magical bag of tricks that seemed to hold the perfect item for every occasion".
- In Dungeons & Dragons, a Bag of Tricks is a magical item in the form of a leather bag out of which random animals can be pulled. The lowest-grade versions are practically useless, summoning rats and other ineffectual varmints, but the more advanced ones can bring out such things as lions or a charging rhinoceros.
- The final lines of the description may be a reference to the climactic scene of the movie Seven, in which a distraught Brad Pitt demands to know what's in a recently delivered box. Thankfully, the contents of the bag differ from those of the box.
|TOP 10 Bag o' Tricks collections|
6. Abikum - 6 | 7. Zaranthos - 6 | 8. gonepostal - 5 | 9. CreOsOTe - 5 | 10. Hippie Dude - 5
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings
| Preceded by:
| Bag o' Tricks
| Succeeded by:|
floaty stone sphere